Lesley

What have you cooked today?

I am in batch cooking mode at the moment,as now I work 2 days a week I am finding that the last thing I want to do when I come home is cook :twisted:

Chilli Con Carne today - one for tomorrow,2 for the freezer :P

I am already planning mega batches of tomato recipes (soup,pasatta,slow roasted) all for the freezer,from my many tomatoes I will be producing in the new greenhouse :pray:

A couple of my favourite freezer recipes...

Butternut Squash and bacon bake

Two butternut squashes

8 rashers of free range British bacon

Carton of Creme Fraiche

Grated cheese or parmesan

Olive oil

Salt and pepper

Halve the squashes and scoop out the seeds, score the squashes into the flesh, drizzle with olive oil, grate over some salt and pepper and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until the flesh is soft.

While that is cooking, fry up the bacon, which has been cut into lardon sized bits, set aside

Scoop out the flesh, and mix up with the creme fraiche and bacon, return to the squash shells and top with grated cheese or parmesan before baking again for 15 or 20 minutes

Then there's my Melanzane Parmigiana, which I posted here and now can't find the recipe for :roll:

Nigella's stroganoff, with pork fillet not mushrooms, I used hot paprika rather than just plain and creme fraiche not soured cream and it was yummy. From Feast.

I made this with mushrooms tonight and it was lovely! Served with rice and garlic bread to mop up the juice.

Have never posted here before as I'm not much of a cook :oops: but having seen the lemon curd receipe somewhere on the forum I thought I'd give it a go - yummy :drool:

Then decided to use the left over egg whites so made meringue nests for the kids to have with fruit later.

Had 2 very past it bananas so made a banana loaf cake.

Then thought maybe I'd make a big sponge cake and use some of the lemon curd as filling :D

Haven't done that much cooking in a day for ages and feel really chuffed with myself :D:D

Yesterday - I made my Hemlock Cake* for Kate! - she's still around this morning :D

I managed to have the oven too hot and go off to the polytunnel without the timer :roll: - the cake survived....just.

* - Angelica Cake.......I candied the angelica and then needed to find a recipe to use it, OH insisted I'd used hemlock :roll:

Breakfast-

Me: Handful of grapes and a small glass of Orange Juice.

Chickens: Crushed up Weetabix with yoghurt

Lunch-

Me: Ham, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwiches.

Chickens: Layers Pellets ;)

Dinner-

Me: Gammon steak with peas and chips

Chickens: The meat s"Ooops, word censored!"s of our plates (greedy monsters)

:D