Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Yesterday I made a big pan of pea and ham soup, recipe from the latest Home Farmer magazine. Claret's Lemon drizzle cake, a Maderia cake, a Tea loaf and 46 Hob"Ooops, word censored!" biscuits, the biscuit recipe came from MrsL's creative Living forum. Oh and a crusty white loaf which we had with the soup for supper last night.

Hazelnut and chocolate cupcakes from the Hummingbird bakery cookbook. They look lovely but not as much mixture as I thought there would be for the correct amount of muffin cases - so they've not filled the cases up :roll:

I'm sure "Ooops, word censored!"ody will be complaining though. :D

They sound yummy!

Yesterday was the Honey Show so I made Honey Butterfly cakes and a Honey Spice Drizzle Cake - today I've managed to put the labels on the Apple and Orange Chutney I made in the week..........my favourite chutney.....no sultanas or raisins in it :D

I've just made some scones using a recipe off of the internet and the same thing has happened that always happens - they look like rock cakes! :? I don't know what I do wrong, they always end up like rock cakes or biscuits. I didn't over-handle the mixture, I didn't roll it out too thin, in fact I didn't roll it at all just patted it out as per the instructions. I haven't tasted them yet so I'm just hoping they are ok.

I think I might just give up in my quest to make the perfect scone :roll:

Good old Delia i make her plain scone recipe from The Complete Cookery course and add a few raisins or sultanas, it has never failed. I haven't made them for ages though I used to make them for my Granny who couldn't do scones but loved them. I used to make them every Wednesday before she passed on :( . I will have to make some in her honour. :D

Edited to correct a typo and add that I made a huge batch of chilli with the better than half price beef mince from Morrisons. It was yummy and all the better that for once there is enough for another family meal :shock:

Ann, I always made pretty solid scones which were OK but nothing special - I tried Paul Hollywood's recipe after seeing him on the Great British Bake-off and I made the best scones ever! He explains why you need to do the different stages.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_scones_70005

I'm making Beetroot Relish and Onion Marmalade this weekend.

Ann, I always made pretty solid scones which were OK but nothing special - I tried Paul Hollywood's recipe after seeing him on the Great British Bake-off and I made the best scones ever! He explains why you need to do the different stages.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_scones_70005

I'm making Beetroot Relish and Onion Marmalade this weekend.

Thanks Lesley - I think I will follow the way he does it next week and see how they come out :D

The muffins were yummy, described by ED as tasting like light Christmas. I have made some apple spice ones this morning, but I have also made the mistake of working out the calories (over 200) OH always cuts the muffins in half when he puts them in the lunch boxes. I have always said that he is mean and the children get ribbed by their friends because they only get half a packet of crisps too ( I approve of that one) It seems that he is right though. :roll: