Lesley

What have you cooked today?

I have made some rum snaps. Like brandy snaps, but with rum extract instead of brandy extract. They are very nice. If you are to make them yourselves, only make 4 at a time as you won't be able to shape them over the wooden spoon in time before they set hard. So time consuming, but not difficult :D

The christmas cooking has started in earnest!

Turkey giblet stock (the turkey is in the shed, on TOP of the freezer!)

Boiled fruit cake - I prefer this to a traditional christmas cake.

I was making HFWs fruit loaf but as yet it hasn't risen (see Help topic - below) :lol:

Chocolate brownies (to go in the bottom of the chocolate trifle that has been requested for christmas dinner)

Whilst at the butchers collecting a ham and beef joint, I also got some chicken breasts, so they are now in the oven, stuffed with cambozola cheese and drizzled with lemon juice and tarragon, to go with the tricolor pasta for tea :drool:

Decided on some quality time with 6 year old son so we made Attic24 cheesy bites - very moreish, and fattening!

For dinner - roast duck, cranberry and orange sauce, noodles and salad. What a treat! Free range Co-op duck that was on sale - absolutely delicious! 8)