Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Thirty one eggs sat in the kitchen this morning, so....

A batch of vanilla ice cream using Charlottechickens recipe on her blog.

A Cheese and red onion quiche.

Two jars of lemon curd using Lesley's recipe.

A egg enriched loaf in the breadmaker.

Eggy bread for my lunch.

Total eggs used 13. Just been out to gets today eggs, total eggs collected 11 :doh:

I've made some homemade burgers. Some lean minced steak, onions, spring onions, coriander, Lea & Perrins, mustard & various spices to suit - All bound together with a freshly laid egg. Five nice sized burgers ready for grilling later with cheese on the top, beef tomatoes & BBQ sauce. Too rainy for the barbie. :roll: Having with some of my sister's main crop potatoes & veg. :drool:

Emma.x

Erm, me again :oops: I have finally made some friands and they are really very nice. Perfect for a picnic.

I made some in a shallow fairy cake tin and some in a muffin tin. The fairy cake ones are nice and crisp with a little bit of softness in the middle. Not tried the muffin tin ones yet, but will do after dinner.

Anyhoo heres the recipe

Sunflower oil, for greasing

100g blueberries

65g plain flour, plus extra for dusting the tin

115g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing

100g ground almonds

165g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting

6 eggs, whites only

Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and flour a non-stick 12-hole muffin tin. Mix together the flour, ground almonds and icing sugar. Stir in the egg whites until just combined, then stir in the melted butter.

Spoon the batter to about 2cm deep in each hole of the muffin tin. Arrange a few blueberries on top of each.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale gold. The friands should spring back when touched. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.

I will say I didn't cook them for the 30/35 mins. In the muffin tin I cooked them for about 20 minutes and the shallow tin for about 10 minutes. I also used raspberries and blackcurrants instead of blueberries.

A batch of vanilla ice cream and a batch of chocolate ice cream. I must stop buying reduced to 10p pots of extra thick double cream.

A big pan of Lentil and Carrot soup.

Steak and kidney and herby dumplings in the slow cooker for tonight. Seemed like a good idea yesterday when Winter was here. Today summer is back and I fancy a salad :roll:

Baking day here tomorrow as well only I can't find the sandwich cake tins, muffin tin or bun tins :? Every kitchen cupboard has been searched.

Don't mention the D word Christian!!!! - mine are now all Damson Cheese, bottled Damson puree and Damson crumbles!

Today I'm onto the pear glut - I've made a Pear and Lemon Conserve - with a hint of ginger.........it comes out a lovely pink, like apple jelly does. I've also made bottled pears in quince wine and Pear Frangipane.

The Victoria plums are taking over the kitchen.........

Wish I was nearer - I would love to make some spiced plum jam again this year.

Today I have made:

A big batch of chilli, for tonight & for the freezer.

Marmalade.....I have experimented (on the Husbands request) & put Chillis in some of it. Scotch in the rest 8)

Heaps of lovely Tomato Soup,to worm the girlies up when they come home from Reading Festival tonight,& for the freezer too.

Chocolate melting in the middle puddings from Baking Made Easy, they were very rich. I made them for ED's 18th birthday and you can tell when something is rich when you need to have cream with it to cut through the richness 8):lol:

There was a shocking amount of butter, chocolate and eggs in these, but they tasted divine. :drool: