Lesley

What have you cooked today?

farm shop hereford beef burger with homemade relish then for pud I made what i think might be the most fattening dessert in the world...

oatie biscuits crushed and mixed with melted butter and pressed into a flan dish, topped with mushed banana mixed with soft cream cheeshe and some icing sugar, then on top of that some melted mars bar goop, then whipped dble cream and chocolate sprinkles. Maybe i overdid it with the chocolate sprinkles? :think::lol:

Last night I made two fish pies, some tomato and meatball pasta sauce with homemade meatballs, game burgers (venison and pheasant) - Phil calls them roadkill burgers :roll:

Phil is house sitting for me when I am away and he's a rubbish cook, so I am stocking the freezer up before i go.

He will never learn if you do all that for him!! :wink:

(can I come and house sit instead?? :pray: )

Quick & easy T tonight as its a work day. Homemade beef burgers, new potatoes, peas, sweetcorn with homemade tomato & chilli relish (very hot so all mine) :whistle::whistle: . I did make a mild version but its all gone.

Fish pie to be made tonight for T Thursday night

Sage

Last night I made two fish pies, some tomato and meatball pasta sauce with homemade meatballs, game burgers (venison and pheasant) - Phil calls them roadkill burgers :roll:

Phil is house sitting for me when I am away and he's a rubbish cook, so I am stocking the freezer up before i go.

He will never learn if you do all that for him!! :wink:

(can I come and house sit instead?? :pray: )

I think it's just idleness Snowy :roll: his mother is an excellent cook and he likes good food just shows no aptitude whatsoever for cooking and gets it all wrong - not able to multi-task at all! We have a deal when he comes over at weekends; I cook and he clears up... works well :D

Oooh, jam!

Last night I had asparagus with hollandaise sauce - John Tovey's quick hollandaise, although the recipe is actually in my Delia Smith. You make it in the food processor in minutes, and of course because it's made with my girls' eggs it is the colour of the smilies on this forum - you could paint with it!

Oooh, jam!

Last night I had asparagus with hollandaise sauce - John Tovey's quick hollandaise, although the recipe is actually in my Delia Smith. You make it in the food processor in minutes, and of course because it's made with my girls' eggs it is the colour of the smilies on this forum - you could paint with it!

I love home made hollandaise - I find I now prefer Delia's Foaming Hollandaise. I've strtaed to make it with my (home made) tarragon vinegar, which makes it even more delicious.

Fomaing Hollandaise Uses the egg whites, makes the hollandaise more stable and go further, and I can keep it in the fridge so I get hollandaise on something for my dinner, and hollandaise on my poached eggs for brekkie.

Bliss!

I've made 20 jars of Strawberry Jam as well - I've put some out at the end of the drive with the eggs.

I made a Geranium and Rose Drizzle Cake for my sister's birthday........ (I thought I'd already posted this so sorry if I have)

DSCF1836.jpg

lesley have you made those petals from real roses to eat? they look really good!

I have made some vanilla fudge for my dad for fathers day - its a bit more crumbly than i think it should be so i suppose i should call it butter tablet lol but its really nice never the less and it was my first attempt :-D

That all sounds lovely :D

When I got home from a lovely day out at Gardener's World Live, I made us dinner; so lamb and mint burgers which I made a while ago and froze. I griddled them and served in soft home made baps with some red onion marmalade, griddled bacon, cheese and salad... delish!

I am now making up some chilli to eat for my lunches this week with baked taters and cheese, also cooking some salmon in a lime, soy, honey and garlic sauce fro Rosie to eat. I will use some of the left over marinade to cook some chicken to eat at a later date with salad.

My folks are up this weekend for our annual street party, and I like to send them home with cake as my mother's no longer able to make it. I'll try to get some of the easy fruit cake made up one evening during the week.

lesley have you made those petals from real roses to eat? they look really good!

Yes, they are crystallised roses - some dog roses and some from a Rosa Rugosa, I also made some crystallised honeysuckle at the same time. Once they are dry I keep them in a container of caster sugar and they keep for ages......years.....

Yesterday - I made a Lemon Drizzle tray bake and a Butterscotch tray bake and Jame Tarts - I haven't had jam tarts for years! Now my Mum and stepfather have moved back to Stratford our family get togehters are even bigger so I've resorted to the tray bakes.

I also made some lovely Rhubarb and Ginger jam (Pam 'the Jam' Corbin's recipe) - the rhubarb was a lovely red to start with and Pam's recipe is really good, whole pieces of rhubarb and not green mush!

I didn't cook it but I prepared and ate a delicious and fresh Courgetti Spaghetti.

I used a Julienne slicer to cut a raw courgette into long Julienne strips. I added a huge teaspoon of Organic Pesto and mixed it all up. I left it covered in the fridge until lunchtime and ate!

Tuscan Beans - trying out a recipe from my new Rose Elliot complete vegetarian book (tho im not a veggie) fry onions in olive oil until soft, add lots of garlic, 3 tins of cannellini beans & their juice, big bunch of fresh sage chopped up, it's now cooking away for an hour, serving it with rustic garlic bread and large glass of red wine! Smells delish already! :drool:

A new recipe - pheasant, pork and pear burgers.... totally delicious, griddled with local bacon and eaten in a home made bap with grated cheese, raw onion, red onion marmalade and a side salad.

Home made beef meatballs in a tomato pasta sauce.

Scones with homemade (last year) raspberry jam