Lesley

What have you cooked today?

My OH is really getting into baking again, he made more chelsea buns at the weekend that were even better than last week and then he made some fruity teacakes on Monday from the Fabulous Baker Brothers book, they were so nice, like lovely pillows when warm and really good teacakes for toasting when cold, they only took about 8 minutes to cook. :drool:

Yesterday, I cooked a Festive Ring for my Festival / Festive Foods from around the world evening. It consisted of puff pastry, a cream cheese vanilla custard, mincemeat, nuts , cinnamon & apple. I put a candle in the middle of of all.

Had some fantastic food last night - quail eggs with caviar, Homemade pork tart with black cherry compot / sauce, salmon, cream cheese & capers baked canapes, neopolitan cheesecake, jaffa cake trifle etc etc.

We are making it a regular thing, these taster evenings. Looking forward to the next one already.

This afternoon I have made a trifle for OH. :roll:

Emma.x

I made gingerbread reindeer

(Upside down gingerbread men)

And mini Christmas cakes domed upside down and decorated like Xmas pudding :)

What a good idea! I had to think for a minute how that would work.

Were you 'drawing' it in the air BK? or is that just me?! :oops::lol:

I made gingerbread reindeer

(Upside down gingerbread men)

And mini Christmas cakes domed upside down and decorated like Xmas pudding :)

What a good idea! I had to think for a minute how that would work.

Were you 'drawing' it in the air BK? or is that just me?! :oops::lol:

That was just you Lesley :roll::lol: I was trying to picture it in my head. Luckily I have a cutter so had a look as well.

Had the folks over on Sunday and cooked them some venison en croute (told my dad it was beef as he thinks he hates venison :roll: ) the local herd has been whittled down again and there's plenty to be had at the local farmers' market, at not a lot more than beef price-wise. I cooked it the night before in a reduced red wine gravy, then enveloped it in (frozen) puff pastry, with some dried porcini mushrooms and puy lentils with sundried tomatoes and pesto.

It was delicious! We had mashed taters, sweet potatoes and butternut squash with it and other veggies.

I've made Gingerbread men, stars, Xmas trees, teddies & also used my new Alice in Wonderland ' Eat Me' cookie cutter. I iced them too & will be giving some to my sister with the prezzies tomorrow.

The whole house smelt so Christmassy today - with Gingerbread, mulled wine & non alcoholic spiced punch & the final feeding of brandy into the Christmas cake.

I too was drawing a Gingerbread man upside down with my finger in the air. It's not just you Lesley! :oops:

Emma.x