eggregiousness

The thing is, sweetheart......

Hi guys! Thanks for your concern. It's not really going awfully well here.... Youngest daughter (age 22) let it "slip" about the chickens last night. He arrived home this morning and it appears that he is not speaking to me. He won't go and look at the chickens and hasn't mentioned them at all - except to tell one of the cats to go and kill them. I suppose there is a good side to that - I mean he could have gone out and done the job himself :shock: . He has gone out now - wothout saying goodbye or saying where he was going :( .

Oh dear, he is well down the pecking order now then. I have only just looked at what other animals you have and if you have more than one child he is waaaaaaaaaay down the heap. Must be feeling it. He's bound to get over it though when dinner time comes around. Chin up, keep smiling. They will be worth it those chooks you'll see. :D:D:D Don't fight what you can't change. That's my motto. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Oh no, Im so sorry, let him calm down for while and hopefully he will come round. All the joking we have done on here was just that and you know that we all wish for the best outcome possible. Cliches are not cliches for no reason and im sure 'time will heal all' and he will soften :pray: Good luck :pray:

Bother! That's sad to see. :( Similar to my OH - they like to feel in charge and a decision has been made without him. Mind you my OH has made plenty of decisions that I didn't like without referring to me first, but we all knew about it when I did the same to him. Hopefully your OH will come round, or get curious and gradually settle down.

Now as I am quite evil really, I would do this with my OH, seeing as he isn't speaking, make myself a nice omlet lunch with the works. Sniff sniff, smells nice. Oh yes it's home grown. Would you like me to make you one? There's nothing can compare with home grown eggs.

Perhaps daughter will be seen cuddling them - dads and daughters usually sort things out - and he will see how happy she is with them and think OK they're not so bad after all.

2.gif