eggregiousness

The thing is, sweetheart......

Don't worry pet, he'll calm down and be ok - he sounds remarkably like my dear dad, mum usually ignores what he says and does things her way anyway, he then gets cross and sounds off to me down the phone, but it all blows over really quickly...

You could try my usual fall back of " they were in need of rehoming, I couldn't just stand there and let them go to a horrid home/be used for dog food/inseert some other grisly end here? Alternatively, is there something he really wants that maybe you've said no to in the past that you could make peace with?

*hugs* It'll all sort itself out for the best, you'll see x

oh dear, still you didn't think he was going to say 'just what I've always wanted', after all.

My dad once stopped speaking to my mum for a week when she bought a freezer. :lol: I'm sure you've weathered worse, it's just a bit uncomfortable till he gets over it. Keep coming on here when you need some support!

Just caught up, oh no your instinctive concerns were right!!

Bless, sooo sorry hope you're okay.

Many many prayers are with you both, and really Dear girlie - are you able to ask him , when he comes back, why shouldn't you have chooks ? especially as you enjoy their company & like them soo much!!

This following thought is asked with much respect, but Hmmm what would happen if you managed to turn the whole emotional power thing around? ie. You're not speaking to him, you give him the silent sulk and go out because actually he's hurt you & disappointed you with his, what could be called, ungracious behaviour !! ( I'm not calling it that!! ) Maybe its worth a try in the long run if time doesn't heal & if all else fails. However you know your man best, you can only do what you feel is fair & right . .we're all rooting for you. You can only be authentic to you & your instincts . ( I'm not taking sides - and bless the guys obviously upset - its a tricky one - especially when a compromise is hard to find in opposing wishes . . oh dear so wishing you all the very best of everything for a happy solution )

After thoughts free flowing - "Be strong & be true to thine self then you can survive anything with integrity & strength !"

Bless you all, hope daughters helping . Thinking of you in warmth & prayers

Ms Tillywishesyouahappyendingveryverysoon.Tookmyhubbyabout3daystogetover

notwantingthenewkittenwe(me&daughter)adopted!! She'snowhisfavouritecat.

I can't believe it has worked out like this. I am sure he will come round to the idea soon - just a bit of a shock for him and maybe a bit of a hit to his ego as it wasn't his decision. Hope daughter is doing her best to calm the situation...

My loved one has just said he thinks the idea of your cooking yourself a nice omlet could well be the answer. As long as your OH is offered some!!!! :wink:

He has also just added "How can a husband go off in a huff because the wife got some chickens - I think they're great" :):) All the best of luck

my two layers purr when laying the other 3 when bathing one or two of the youngsters make a sound that resembles a dog barking in the distance I've herd one imitate a mobile phone ring tone the only thing they hardley ever do is cluck like you hear on films etc

go look at those chookies give them a big hug. That will make you feel better. (Hugs and kisses.)

Lets hope that when he's been to the office and they all say"What are you going on about mate" He'll come round. Has he actually seen them. One look and he'll be lost. In your own time we are all still out here thinking of you. :(

I've taken another of my cockerels to The Camel Park this morning and I don't know why i worry. He went flying off jumped up on wall and crowed his head off. It was lovely to see them all I took food down and scattered it for them, they were very excited. :D \still feel weepy though. :(

How come you always know just the right thing to say Plum.:D x

I've been there often enough. Yesterday I opened the garage door on my husbands new shiny audi :oops: Didn't talk to me at all until tonight. :( Could have been worse, I could have closed it on it. :shock::D phew

sorry to hear not going well. I know exactly how you feel. My husband not into the chickens at all and as for the dog he isnt fussed by him. However even though still doesnt care for them and look after eg feeding etc he isnt as grumpy about them (well, apart from when the dog widdles somewhere and then all hell breaks loose).

I never told my husband and just bought the dog home - he was fuming and we fell out.

As for the chickens I had more or less done it all bar the payment and told him we were getting them.

He will come round but dont expect for there to ever be big chicken cuddles and caring for them!

Michelle