Cate in NZ

Finally feeling like Christmas

At last I'm beginning to feel festive :D

Cards finally all written and posted, Christmas tree went up this morning and daughter has done a smashing job of decorating it :D . The kitchen smells delicious with gingerbread cookies in the oven (they are meant to be going on the tree, but I think that a few might get sampled first :oops: ). Christmas carols on the CD :D

Now I've just got a load of presents to wrap, but I'm going to make myself a big pan of Nigella's mulled cider (thanks for posting the recipe Lesley :wink: ) first, so that I can have the odd sip whilst I'm wrapping :roll: .

I cn't help feeling that this is the calm before the storm, still got more pressies to buy, all the food shopping and I must ice the cake, but this is the first time that I've felt even remotely Christmassy.... so I'm making the most of it :wink: .

I hope that all your Christmas preparations are coming together now as well :D:D

Ours has been put on hold again! We were going to put the tree up this afternoon but we had no hot water at lunchtime so LSH went up to have a look. The electrics tripped out when he checked the pump - it is an ex-pump, it is no more! Finding a replacement on a Saturday in Stamford is as likely as finding an egg from Clarry :lol: ! Looks like I'll be boiling kettles for the forseeable future!! Hopefully we'll get the tree up tomorrow instead!!

Kate, can I come to your house please? The gingerbread and cider sounds just too good to miss!!

Kate, can I come to your house please? The gingerbread and cider sounds just too good to miss!!

Any time you like Kate :D

Bad news about the pump though, will OH be able to get it replaced in plenty of time for Christmas? We rely on hot water so much that I can imagine all that kettle boiling will be a pain :shock:

Even I'm beginning to feel christmasy :?

Church Nativity Play (Sunday) Toddlers carol service, regional womens guild carol service, my choir's candlelight carol service (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday) - singing carols on the church lawn for Hospice fundraising (this morning) - Sunday Morning service, Evening Candlelight church carol service (Tomorrow) - and that's before christmas week begins!

ding dong merrily on high!!

Phil

Phil, that sounds like a wonderfully busy week :D !

Thanks Kate and Mel :lol: ! LSH's talents are endless! He's a Jack of All Trades around the house so the new pump is in situ (thank you Stamford Homebase for not letting us down!) and fingers crossed ever so tightly, it's also working for the moment anyway. At least we won't be sat here tonight with the lights flickering and the burglar alarm going bananas everytime the power surged!

Our cards are all written and sent. The presents which need wrapping are wrapped while the family ones will be popped into pillow cases as usual! The goose is ordered, the free range chicken has been stashed in the freezer, the Christmas pudding and mincemeat are made and waiting for action stations and we have lots of beautiful bottles of festive slurp in the larder! Never mind about the lack of a tree today. Tomorrow will do nicely. The carols are on the stereo!

I'm beginning to feel Christmassy too.

I've finished my Christmas shopping (hurray!) I've posted all the parcels that need to be sent & wrapped up all but family ones. Most of my cards are posted, the remaining few will have to be sent 1st class during the week.

I've been to the local school infant's nativity play and concert, had 2 school carol concerts, pre school nativity & women's fellowship carol service in church. Nine lessons and carols by candlelight tomorrow evening - I think I might sample the sloe gin when I get home :wink: Our Sunday school are doing their nativity play during the crib service on Christmas eve this year.

Morag

I'm beginning to feel Christmassy too.

- I think I might sample the sloe gin when I get home :wink:

Morag

I sampled mine the other day - it's gorgeous - even though it's only been in there since the beginning of September..

and the raspberry vodka - thanks to Kate for the recipe!

Phil

Kate, do you think LSH would mind popping to ours while we are away next week?

Yesterday the boiler blew up. British Gas maintenance guy can't come out until Wednesday next week, when we aren't here.

We arrive back on Sunday, and on Monday we have most of our family here for xmas dinner. I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm in denial at the minute. I haven't wrapped a single thing, put the tree up, packed for the jollies, checked I've got clean clothes, looked at the map to see where it is we're heading for and we are out on a xmas do tonight.

The one good thing, is that everybody is bringing part of the xmas dinner with them, so by the time everybody arrives we'll have a full 3 course meal ready to eat and I don't have to do any cooking or baking. :D

I did get my priorities right during the week and stocked up on some festive booze!

It's actually dawning on me now just how much I have to do tonight.....could really do without going out.... :roll:

The raspberry vodka's wonderful isn't it. Have you tried raspberry brandy? Even nicer!! My sloe vodka is now 3 years old and it's divine! I've got rhubarb schnapps, crab apple brandy, beech leaf liquour and two bottles of the sloe vodka waiting for me. It's going to be a very merry Christmas :lol::lol: !

With an announcement like this its sure to attract Dans attention!!!! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Our cards are all written and sent. The presents which need wrapping are wrapped while the family ones will be popped into pillow cases as usual! The goose is ordered, the free range chicken has been stashed in the freezer, the Christmas pudding and mincemeat are made and waiting for action stations and we have lots of beautiful bottles of festive slurp in the larder! Never mind about the lack of a tree today. Tomorrow will do nicely. The carols are on the stereo!

:oops:

I've barely started....

Where has the time gone :shock::?:

I'm starting to feel christmas-sy too!!!

I made a wreath for the door today! And I'm gonna put up the decorations and cards tomorrow. Will make my cards and write them then too, and will do some pressie wrapping once Mum and Dad have gone to the Carol Concert.

But I still have masses of homework to buy and buy some more christmas presents too, and send christmas cards to my relatives too!

Decs went up a couple of weeks ago, pressies bought but not wrapped, cards still to be written :oops: (except for a select few :wink:) 1 more day at work, then 2 days off and as OH is away, I will blitz the lot!! I have a 3 day trip away on wed/thurs/fri, then OFF for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry for excessive use of !!!!)

I love Christmas and this is the first year in our house together. Looking forward to getting up early, lighting the fire and unwrapping pressies, just the 2 off us :D . Then off to my Mum and Dads for Christmas lunch with the clan!

Just need to get those cards written!

C x x x

It feels a bit like Christmas here too.

We decorated the outside of the house with our new white LED icicle lights,The tree is up & looking great & ,even better,I decanted the Sloe Gin today for pressies & it is divine.

The Spiced Cranberry Vodka is pretty darn good too :lol:

The Hubby is finishing work soon & picked up a big cheque today so I don't feel quite as guilty about all the Christmas spending I have done.

He is looking forward to & deserving a break. I am looking forward to all those little jobs around the house being done at last 8)

The girls have finished School - that always makes it feel more like Christmas

:P

Festive snowflake earrings tomorrow,I think (thats me,not The Hubby!)

Christmas can nearly happen here too :D

Still not got the tree, but no rugby training tomorrow, so that frees up the whole morning for tree purchasing,

some cards left to make and write :roll: but will do that tomorrow they are for hand delivery anyway.

We spent today in Manchester going round the continental markets and on the Manchester wheel, the children had a great day, and Sarah got to see Santa too :D

karen x

Ok

Can I just say

for anyone like me

Its OK not to have

1. made your own cards (get them from the BHWT instead!)

2. made your own sloe gin (you can get Gordons from the supermarket)

3. made your own gingerbread tree decorations (just open a packet of ginger nuts and eat them with a cup of tea!)

4. made your own Christmas wreat (you can buy them from the roadside from some nice chaps who spend the summer laying driveways........)

5. wrapped your parcels in brown paper with dried fruits (buy cheap paper in the sales in January - much more colourful!)

For all those NON domestic goddesses out there - big hugs :D

Well I have written the cards about to post them and after a frenzied shopping spree on Saturday morning and afternoon (with a lovely stop at Lesley & Carl's midday) I have finally wrapped the presents to take to friends and family in the valley's this afternoon, just about to leave!

Joe's shampooed the living room carpet and the ladder is upstairs inviting me to the loft to get the tree out. A late evening me thinks and then at work at 0700 tomorrow :cry:

Just 5 more days in then 4 off for Christmas.

Made some mince pies yesterday evening and iced the christmas cake - ooh it smells divine!

I too am now getting festive!

A

xx