skye

Ex-batt/ex-barn rescue 21 November Surrey... pics thread!

Ha ha so much for keeping the newbies separate from the old girls!

One of our new ladies decided she'd like to get out and meet the others straight away.

Luckily she was ignored most of the time, I have spent a most joyous afternoon in the pouring rain and mud chasing chickens around the garden, they are finally all tucked up in bed.

Everyone's photos are brilliant but was my garden the only place where there was constant rain today??

Sorry we missed you folks! We arrived early and were shown straight in, paid our donation, 2 girls were put in our cat basket, collected our feed and were in our car and on our way home in 10 minutes!

basket+1.JPG

basket+2.JPG

We put the new girls straight in their granny annexe and let Roxy and Sophia out to free range (=play) in the garden. This is them, paying attention (NOT!) to what's going on inside the WIR!

Roxy+%26+Sophia.JPG

We had tea and toast and then opened the pop hole for the new girls. After a while, out popped...

URSULA UNDRESSED

Ursula.JPG

A while later, out popped her buddy...

TALLULAH

CIMG3635.JPG

Tallulah is much bigger and better dressed than Ursula, is more ginger than brown but has a much bigger and floppier comb.

Roxy and Sophia went absolutely NUTS! We've had lots of shouting from all four girls today but things seltled down when it rained and we all went in the WIR. They're separated by the orange plastic mesh (yes, from Wickes) but we found they could get their heads through it so we've put some weld mesh up. We've had eye-balling and pecking! In the red corner, SOPHIA. In the blue corner, TALLULAH! Then they'd swap with their tag partners and sometimes all four would be yelling at each other. Odd because Sophia has always been the quiet one - and now she's transformed into the gobby one!

I'm quite glad that we're making the intros in the winter - shorter days so less time for them to argue!!! I was worn out by the time Roxy and Sophia went to bed :lol: Tallulah and Ursula had to be shown where to go - but they sure know where their food is and I think the only peace and quiet we got today was when they were eating their crumbs solid for at least an hour! And they enjoyed mealworms, a little corn and tiny bit of cabbage and found and drank from their drinker.

I was a bit shocked to see Tallulah pecking Ursula's bum later in the day - Ursula squeaked so the anti-peck spray will be used tomorrow.

Oh, and Tallulah laid a whopping great egg IN HER NEST BOX :shock: within the first hour to lots of purring :D

Glad everyone's home safe and well. Congratulations all round!

Right now, all's quiet on the western front :) A full account on my blog (see signature).

My big girls are very noisy this morning, perhaps they want to play with the newbies :eh:

So glad it's not just mine!

they got up fairlly quietly but my youngsters started yelling as soon as they saw the Barn-abees at 7:30am! What must the neighbours think? I live in a run of terraced houses :shock: perhaps I need to start dishing out free eggs :lol:

Talking of which, Mr Frutti's just arrive with a warm egg from Usrula! :D

Mine are still playing happily together - the only s"Ooops, word censored!" we had was when I let the big girls out to free range round the new girls - a little bit of dancing at the wire by both sets of girls, but a bit f early corn and some new dry bedding to scratch in sorted that out - one egg from the barn dancers this morning so far :D

BeckyBoo