Chick-a-doodle-doo

On average, how many hens do you have?

I get all sorts of ooohs and aaaahs and "what am I supposed to do with that :shock: !" when I pop the Pekin & Ara eggs in the boxes..I just fill the boxes in the order they are laid rather than selecting them specifically, unless a request is made of course :wink:

9/16 today :clap: , best so far this year :dance:

Sha x

My girls have started "performing" in the egg department again, so I can go to my 3rd tier of egg recipients :wink:

Tier 1 - Is us and my Grandad

Tier 2 - My close friends

Tier 3 - Other friends and work colleagues

Yesterday we had 9 eggs out of 13 girls (although one hasn't started laying yet, so technically 9 out of 12)

My customers all love the blue, green, white, cream, light and dark brown eggs. It gives a really selection to the box (had 1 negative comment from a friends MIL :roll: ) and they all want to know who laid what so they can look on the website :D

My customers all love the blue, green, white, cream, light and dark brown eggs. It gives a really selection to the box (had 1 negative comment from a friends MIL :roll: ) and they all want to know who laid what so they can look on the website :D

I think thats great, SpaceChick - its helping people connect food with its source again, in a really nice, fun way!

I have 9 and they are all *Bitsas* but beautiful none the less. We only get an average of 4 eggs a day, which is quite enough for the two of us. Hoping to add to the flock in a couple of weeks, as Princessa is sitting on 5 of her own eggs. :dance: I am looking forward to seeing what she and Sir Minky produce. I am a tad :anxious: as last year her eggs were not fertile :roll: Not too keen on the sex thing my little Princessa, but Minky has been seen to do the business with her quite a bit this year, so everything is crossed here. :pray:

I am in awe of you guys out there with 80 plus hens. You have to be all day looking after them all. :clap::clap::clap: I know that you work and look after families as well. Incredible. :clap::clap::clap:

Sorry for babbling on. :lol::lol:

I have 4 girls...a light sussex - Sybil, a buff sussex - Maude, a speckled sussex - Blotto, and a Welsummer - Clara.

3 out of 4 are laying but they are all crouching...think the speckled is the last to start.

I have only had them 6 weeks but love them already and if I had the space would have more. In the future if and when I move I hope to have more space so will build up my flock :dance:

We have nine at the mo:

The originals:

1 Light Sussex

1 Buff Orp

1 Barnevelder

Our 2009 hatchlings:

2 alleged cream legbars - but they must be some kind of cross as they're MASSIVE.

1 White Serama male.

The new girls:

3 Serama females.

All four serama are currently living in the house while hubby builds them a brand new run with hot n cold running water!!