Chick-a-doodle-doo

On average, how many hens do you have?

I have 11,started with three,then got 2 more,then got 4 ex-bats,and then sneakily bought 2 more(for my hubbys valentines pressie of course)!!

NAMES:

JUDY (AKA HOUDINI) SWEETY

BETTY (AKA BETTY BOOP) SUSSEX

MARGARET( AKA MAGGIE MAY) RANGER

MAUD (AKA MAUDULUS) BLACK ROCK

AGGIE (AKA BAGGY AGGIE) WHITE STAR

THE CORRIE GIRLS (EX BATS)

RITA

ELSIE

HILDA

MAVIS

THE SHAMELESS GIRLS (BLUEBELLS)

LILLIAN

MIMI

Need you ask Chicken Shirl? :lol:

GNRGNR

She's going for the lucky number. :lol::lol::lol: At great speed. :lol:

Sadly Shirl, until I can persuade OH that WIR2 is required (which is never going to happen), I will never reach the magic 22.

15 is the sensible limit for my set up, so I must and will stop now. In fairness, I would have stopped at Tegan and Dorothea if I hadn't have lost Polly and if Tegan didn't go through being bullied.

Also Phil really wanted some Columbines, and my logic is if your husband wants a certain breed that its my duty as a good wife to let him have some :angel::wink:

Hi

I have:

franky and Benny 2 x ex batts

Brenda brahma

holly brahma x aracauna

betty aracauna

the Ginger one aracauna

cheryl miss pepperpot

= 7

2 lavender aracaunas arriving mid-end may and I'm currently fighting the urge to get a buff orp and a lavender orp :-)

they all live in a purple cube with 2 extensions and a wir which is about a quarter of my garden.

I have four GNRPP(Bluebelle)(white chicken) and have only had them two weeks but already want more! I am trying to restrain myself so that I dont have a build up of old hens who arent laying and no room for new ones later on but I am not sure how long I will last - I may just have to buy another coup when I run out of room!

A paltry 3 atm :cry: as detailed below but with the beautiful (cube blue) sitting there waiting this situation will not last long into the New Year. Have my sights on a Faverolle, come what may, and either a Buff or Speckled Sussex to join my 3 in the cube and then 4 Pekins in the !gored!, :D

Just havering over whether or not to allow Broody Brigid to sit on some eggs in the Spring. Would love a wheaten Maran...

And 6 months ago not a hen about the place! :shock:

Edited by Guest

We started with 3 then went up to six then gradually down to three now back up to six.........

Snowy the Pekin

Bromley the mini Orpington

Bling the gold laced Wyandotte

Meribel the grey French

Custard the Amber Star

Roobarb the Pied Suffolk

LMW wants to get an Eglu and fill it with Pekins.............................. :lol: If only we had a big garden!

We only have a very small garden about 20foot by 20foot.......