Chick-a-doodle-doo

On average, how many hens do you have?

I am ashamed to admit only 3 at the moment.

I really, really want a couple more but I am told I can't have them unless my health improves. However that isn't in my hands, but in the hands of the good old NHS and there are a lot of "ifs" - if I get funding for the new medication and if it helps for a start! I am sure 5 chooks won't be much more work than 3!

sadly only 5 at the moment but I want 2 more this year just to make sure I've got eggs for Christmas you understand :lol:

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid :lol: Over 30 chickens and I still had to buy eggs before Christmas when "Ooops, word censored!"ody was laying :wall:

10 :D , all ex-batts from 3 different rescues. The 3 oldies have been out nearly 22 months, the next two will celebrating a year of freedom in a couple of weeks and the 5 newbies are still learning about the world after three weeks.

And to think, two years ago I said I'd adopt 4 ex-batts ... :roll:

sadly only 5 at the moment but I want 2 more this year just to make sure I've got eggs for Christmas you understand :lol:

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid :lol: Over 30 chickens and I still had to buy eggs before Christmas when "Ooops, word censored!"ody was laying :wall:

it worked last year so I can live in hope it'll work this year

When I went from 3 to 4 chooks it was a surprising amount of work, the poo seemed to treble and the arguements between the group was a pain, the original three were a dream

......but it didn't put you off did it :roll:

Today I have 16, though I have had up to 24 with all my boys who are now safely rehomed....tomorrow I may only have 15, we'll see......

3 Hybrids (Amber Star, Goldline & Bluebelle)

3 Orpingtons (2 Blue & 1 Blue Splash)

3 ex Batties, though Hazel is very poorly :(

4 Pekins (Buff, MF, Lavender & Lavender Frizzle)

1 Araucana X Pekin

2 Black Rocks

My name is Sha and I too am addicted :roll::lol:

Sha x

Just the 4 ISA browns, they are lovely but don't want anymore than 4 as they produce 28 eggs a week and thats more than enough for us :D

I have people queuing up for my girls eggs, so I'm hoping they all get back into the swing of laying soon so they can have them more regularly.......and pay for their food etc for a change :roll::wink:

Sha x