hillfamily

Is this the new Mark 3 ?????????????????

When I first saw it I thought it looked awful. The more I look at it, the more I like it. But I LOVE my mark II and if I were to get some more hens I would buy another mark II as they are so sleek and stylish and blend in with the garden.

I dont intend to keep 10 hens, so I personally wouldnt buy the mark 3.

The run looks very small.

I think it looks really cool - especially with the caravan analogy.

The Forsham Boughton Ark that houses an equivalent number of chickens would be in the £450+ price range, but I'm sure there are cheaper (but not necessarily better) alternatives out there. I'd love to see the mark 3 in real life though :) .

Sorry to be a balloon pricker, but I'd caution anyone against siting their eglu (whatever mark) on an allotment as they are far too nickable and that would be just awful :evil:

Sorry....but we all think it looks like a routemaster bus or a van. I know its called the cube but its very very square. Wheres the style, we're proud of our rounded eglus and love them. I wanted more of the same just bigger.

Perhaps a little big and cumbersome, i'm gutted and sadly won't be ordering the long awaited mark 3 :(

My LSH is exactly the same so I'm starting on adding 3 more chickens as he said 5 maximum - obviously he means 6 :wink: . Then it's just a case of adding the odd one or two for birthdays and Christmas until I've got 10 and he'll never notice :lol: .

I'll probably have a couple of spare chicks in time for your Birthday Kate :D I'll just bring them along - I don't think he'd argue with both of us would he? (just ban me from visiting ever again :( )

I also love my red and blue mark 2's but really like the look of the mark 3 :D

Having just had a re-think about the kitchen when the builders have let us have our house back, we seem to have saved about £500, (on paper obviously, as we haven't spent it to save, if that makes sense :?)

How convenient!!!! :wink:

karen x

Just caught up with this thread again and it's quite interesting to note the characteristics that different people would look for in a mark 3 eglu in order for them to part with their hard-earned...

I have never, ever, ever looked at my eglu and thought about it being a trendy or fashionable object; but this is obviously a key driver for lots of people and that has surprised me (but I'm not knocking that). There's obviously no rights or wrongs here, but for me, the trendiness of the eglu (mark 2 or mark 3) doesn't matter at all (I guess anyone who has seen my dress sense knows that I am not very fashion conscious); I was simply very impressed by how practical it was and how well designed. It just shows what a brilliant product the mark 2 eglu is; because it appeals to so many different markets and meets so many different needs.

I want more chickens and I want a chicken house that is practical and robust, long lasting and low maintenance so for me the mark 3 ticks all boxes (just as the original one did when it removed the barriers from me owning chickens in my back garden which is something I had intended to do all my adult life).

I can't wait to get one! 8)8)8):D

I agree Dan. I didn't think I was driven by fashion when I bought our first Eglu when they first came out - but I must have been slightly, as I think this one is lacking in the 'Wow!' factor :? but....... I agree with all the points you have made about the low maintenance and practicality of the Mark3. It is ideally suited for those who want to expand their flocks and those who want to change from wooden housing but already have a larger flock. It's obviously been well thought out and looks easy to use.

It's not for me as we've already gone down the route of using lots of smaller units - but it's growing on me 8)

I also love my red and blue mark 2's but really like the look of the mark 3 :D

Having just had a re-think about the kitchen when the builders have let us have our house back, we seem to have saved about £500, (on paper obviously, as we haven't spent it to save, if that makes sense :?)

How convenient!!!! :wink:

karen x

Very convenient Karen :D

........ are you selling your red and blue ones? :wink:

[quote="Lesley

Very convenient Karen :D

........ are you selling your red and blue ones? :wink:

That may be up for discussion with Mark, but I'm trying the softly softly approach, and need him to think it would be a good idea :lol:

:( I don't like the idea of not having my red and blue ones though :(

karen x

Ok people I bought a copy of the newspaper today.

Becaus the image in the newspaper is so small the images I have scanned in may be a bit blurred.

eg6.png

The whole egg cube.

eg5.png

Twin dropping trays.

eg4.png

Easy to move

egc3.png

Collect fresh eggs

egcube1.png

Ramp and sliding door

egcube2.png

Nest and roost areas

Hope that helps! :D

Thanks for the pictures Martin :D

The mark 3 is growing on me the more I study it.

I wonder what kind of feeder/drinker come with it. The glug and grub will be too small for 10 Hens and I don't see any in the picture. Just think how many Bantams you could house if the mark 3 is suitable for 10 large birds 8):D