Happy chickens! Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Haven't been on here much lately, new job and lots of other things, but I do drop by quite often even if I don't post. I have been on a forum linked to a new job and it has made me realise just how well looked after this forum is - the mods create a really happy supportive atmosphere where people can post without worrying that others will belittle/criticise them. So three cheers for our hard-working mods! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Absolutely I think they are wonderful. There are plenty of forums where you do get it in the neck, especially if you keep bees. I think this place is great, so forgiving too; speaking as somebody who has overstepped the mark once or twice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Three cheers from me. My halo has also slipped a few times! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 It;s true..I'm a Mod on a Guiding forum...and it can be very hard work...espesh when you have lots of young female members...the spam we get would make a ****ahem*** blush ( I modded myself there!) SO I say thanks to the mods on here, its a tough job! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Agreed, I love that this forum is always so supportive. We can disagree but we have to respect other points of view and it's a great source of info. Thank-you mods for keeping the tone right and being so nice when we accidentally break the rules Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Thanks, everyone . It can be a thankless task so it's lovely to get a bit of appreciation . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 yay go us ..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 i dont go on may other forums this being the best you see (creep) but they seem very fair to me - have been told orf a few times for being rude, swearing or controversial but we all have our crosses to bear Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 You are all excellent, and I'd like to thank Christian particularly on this occasion. I was going to respond in a very shouty way recently to some comments when I saw that he had more or less said, behave yourselves or I'll take your toys away. He was right and it stopped me having bit of an Eastenders moment and I'm glad about that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Blimey Patsy, It's rare that I get a thank you I am usually on the receiving end of angry pm's. None of us like having to edit posts, but sometimes things do get heated/out of hand and it is necessary. Thanks for the nice comments Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Powerlady Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Can't see anything/anybody getting heated etc on here...everyone seems pretty cool to me Well done Mods! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 i have to say this forum generally brightens my day - and i have started reading blogs - Christian I love your blog - hope the back is better - I know what its like to stagger around hardly able to move due to back pain - mines wear and tear of the job and being middelaged Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cranfield Kate Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 this is the best forum i've ever come across - i know occasionally there is a bit of snapping but i;ve never had anything but encouragement and support. thank you everyone (GENUINELY couldn't have coped without you all and all the advice, positive encouragement). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Thanks all, its nice to be appreciated. The present team work really well together & between us hope to keep the forum happy & running smoothly. There are times when its a thankless task,but everyone pulls together when one of us is having a rough time personally,as I have for the past few weeks Its all about team work! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 i dont go on may other forums this being the best you see (creep) but they seem very fair to me - have been told orf a few times for being rude, swearing or controversial but we all have our crosses to bear Have you ? And there's me thinking you are a nice quiet girl Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Blimey Patsy, It's rare that I get a thank you I am usually on the receiving end of angry pm's. None of us like having to edit posts, but sometimes things do get heated/out of hand and it is necessary. Thanks for the nice comments Crikey - nasty pm's I'm missing something here, think I go to bed too early Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 mwah mwah - sorry Scarlet I have a darker side no seriously i occasionally get me knickers in a twist and sound off but I am nice really!! I dont send nast PM's to mods either - I take it its voluntary so they dont deserve that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 for the Dark Side Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 I am usually on the receiving end of angry pm's. Crikey I have been told off a few times but it would never occur to me to argue about it I'm shocked Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 You'd be suprised at some of the hassle and abuse that we get when modding. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 You would Nice of you all to voice your thanks though. Makes all the hard work ... and there is a surprising amount to do ...worthwhile. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 What a lovely thread, thank you! I was quite surprised at how difficult it is - I don't think any of us enjoy modding people we consider friends, but we all make mistakes and need modding at times (I've had my fair share too!) Important not to take it personally Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
goodinparts Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Just to add my thanks as well...you make this a really happy place to spend time. Now, where's that emoticom of a bouquet that we can present to you? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 They're not a bad lot Think you should put pictures up and we'll match the picture to the mod Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...