The Dogmother

I suddenly feel very old

Big Country at Reading.

Still love them - had a good old weep when Stuart died a few years ago. Had seen them many,many times since that first gig too. :cry:

I had no idea he'd died :shock::( . He must have died young :( .

He tragically took his own life a couple of years ago,after a long battle with alcoholism.

It was just terrible,as he was,I believe,a great talent.

The band still tour now with the guitarist on lead vocals,but it wouldn't be the same for me.........

Big Country toured Nov/Dec 2010 with Mike Peters from The Alarm as the vocalist.

My first concert was Whitesnake in the 80's at the NEC. I do see them whenever they come back to the West Midlands, it's a guaranteed good show!

My first gig was to see Cream at our local "hop" before they were famous. That was 1966 and I was 15.

I was a great festival goer in those days and I remember Bath showground at Shepton Mallet. : Hawkwind, Canned Heat, The Byrds, Led Zepellin, Donovan, Jefferson Airplane,PinkFloyd,Santana,Steppenwolf, The Pink Fairies, Frank Zappa, The Moody Blues, Fairport Convention,Johnny Winter, Dr. John, Colosseum, John Mayall.

I made a couple of Isle of Wight ones too to see Dylan, Hendrix and The Who.

Ohhhhhh they don't make them like they used to.............sigh.

WOW!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I saw The Who in Glasgow in 1981 or thereabouts 8) .

My main memory is of being mistaken for a bloke and getting frisked by a big hairy bouncer - who then looked very sheepish when he realised I was a girl :lol: .

(In his defence I was wearing a combat jacket and jeans :lol: .)

My first concert was Whitesnake in the 80's at the NEC. I do see them whenever they come back to the West Midlands, it's a guaranteed good show!

I saw Whitesnake 4 times in the 70s/80s - loved David Coverdale :drool: . Does he still look the same :D ?

I saw The Who in Glasgow in 1981 or thereabouts 8) .

My main memory is of being mistaken for a bloke and getting frisked by a big hairy bouncer - who then looked very sheepish when he realised I was a girl :lol: .

A friend of mine was in a pub with her OH when one of his friends came in and offered to buy everyone a drink. She has dark hair and I think had been playing with her hair straighteners. The friend said 'And whats old Ronnie Wood in the corner having?' :shock:

Another time, the same friend has just come out of the hairdressers and asked my OH if he thought she looked like Winona Rider. 'More like Shaun Ryder' was his reply :lol:

I have MCR's latest CD in my car. OK it's DD's but it's quite good - not too keen on the yapping by the radio man - and the National Anthem is really bleh until the end. Tried to get tickets for the London show, but was unable to get through - all sold before 9am which was pants considering that was supposed to be when the lines opened. Although she has seen them 3 times in all and DS's girlfriend has seen them 4 times.

My first "gig" is also my only one. My friend was let down by a work colleague and so I went in her place. It was Cliff Richard. OK he was in his 40's then and it was a good show. Am I a fan of Cliffy? Nope, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Whilst waiting for DD at other venues, you could quite clearly hear The Blackout from outside. They are really good too.

I have MCR's latest CD in my car. OK it's DD's but it's quite good - not too keen on the yapping by the radio man - and the National Anthem is really bleh until the end.

I agree. I don't know if you've heard Queens of the Stoneage Songs for the Death album, but its like MCR were trying to the same thing, but slightly failed. I thought the national anthem was a bit suspect, until the guitars kicked in, and then it was good. All in all, it is a good album, but I don't actively want to listen to it, like I do with Green Days 21st Century breakdown. Now that is a good album.

I made a couple of Isle of Wight ones too to see Dylan, Hendrix and The Who.

Ohhhhhh they don't make them like they used to.............sigh.

My parents went to the Isle of Wight festival. They hitched to and from it like the hippy chicks they were, before all us 4 kids came along :lol: My dad likes to tell us of how safe it was there. He was sitting in a long line listening to Hendrix and using his binoculars to see the stage. He lent them to someone next to him, and they got passed all along the line. And then came back! Couldn't do that now.