No, I haven’t replaced Phil !

But we have a new dog… a rescue boy from Ireland who we’ve called Cyrus. His story is as follows; he lived on a lovely place deep in the Irish countryside but his owner and her OH are very ill and faced with the dreadful task of rehoming all their animals We’d been chatting by email and with several possible transport dates coming and going, he finally came over to England last week.

Cyrus is roughly 4 years old and a neutered male, he is 1″ taller than Ruby and a gorgeous foxy red colour with cream tips. He currently has a scar on his flank after a small op to remove a lump of scar tissue. Cyrus has had the once over from my vet and been chipped, he’s very healthy apart from his teeth which will probably clean up with his new diet of mostly raw meat and bones.

He is very shy at the moment and I’m still walking him on the lead except in the back garden and other enclosed spaces. He tends to scare easily at the moment and would race off if he wasn’t on the lead. A lovely, gentle and loving lad, he has good manners and loves a big cuddle and ear massage.

20110304-cyrus-and-ruby.jpg?w=640&h=630

20110306-long-hound.jpg?w=640&h=480

20110306-cyrus-by-the-river.jpg?w=640&h=480

Phil took this photo of me with the dogs, by a huuuuge tractor tyre

20110306-tractor-tyre.jpg?w=640&h=632

20110306-cyrus-snuggling-ruby.jpg?w=640&h=480

20110306-two-dogs-together.jpg?w=640&h=708

Edited by Guest

He looks gorgeous - has Ruby accepted him ok? Well done for taking him on.

Yes she does, apart from the occasional dominance humping, which is to be expected. He has such a lovely nature and is a very easy dog. His only fault is that he was allowed on furniture and beds in his old home, so I'm having to teach him the' off command'.

Thanks peeps :D

His personality seems to be coming out now that he is settling and he's dying to get off the lead and run around with the other doglets we walk with. After a heart-stopping moment on his first day when he spooked and managed to slip his collar :shock: he is walking on-lead until I can be sure that his recall to me is good. We have had some off-lead walks with him in enclosed fields and a friend's manege, but I will test him at the weekend and if he's OK, the lad can go off running in the park too.