Blackrocksrock

New dog (OK photos!) Update 12th June

Having lost our beloved Labrador aged 14.5 years almost 3 years ago - I decided it was time to get another dog - had registered with a labrador rescue in north west lancs and decided it was a long way but a funeral in england 10 days ago was the opportunity to go in via them on the way home and pick up Poppy our new labrador aged 10 used for breeding and weighing in at 45.1kg OMG fat and legs not the greatest - however we are on a diet = very strict and exercise regime so both of us are getting fit together. Pain relief and exercise and we are getting there - we see a difference already - she is a big girl anyway but was rather too big for her own good - I love her to bits and she loves me and sits waiting outside the loo even for me. If I move she moves - she is good off lead and gets on with the cats and just now the chickens are called "leaveit" - that is better now and she knows not to chase them too. I am so sad that people let them go like this - she is just finished her season and needs to be much much slimmer in 3 months to be speyed.!

Edited by Guest

Aww Bless her, i do think it is abuse when owners allow their dogs to get so overweight. I know most of them think they are just been kind and spoiling their pets but the damage it can cause is terrible.

Good for you for taking her on, and how lovely now she has a new home with a loving and sensible owner :dance:

Oh, and, WHERE ARE OUR PICTURES!!!! :notalk:

:wink::lol:

She's lovely and so lucky to have a home with you. We visited our local animal rescue with a view to fostering last week and already have our dog, hopefully for life. Fostering was never going to work we would have ended up keeping them all.

All dogs deserve a second chance. Thanks for the photos. We may need a dog forum soon!