Margalot

Liz Jones RS Boyfriend and ramshackle cottage?

I will say at this point, that we do not live in a "hovel" like hers, but a proper hovel!! With leaks and everything!!

but we have hens, and I do crafts, and own nothing with prada written on it............. Primark, yes, Prada ,,, no

by freddie.

Snap Freddie! Although I do have stuff with Chanel, Miu miu, Gucci, Mulberry etc on - but we won't go into that! :oops:

I like Primani ! :wink:

My house is home - a REAL home. :D

Emma.x

Never heard of her or her column, and not the least bit interested either! I don't 'do' the celeb world whether A list or all the way down to Z list...leaves me cold.

And no time to read papers either, too busy watching my chickens ;)

I dont think shes a "celeb" just a journalist. I think I just like reading about her strange life - I have met so many needy types like her who think everyone should pander to them and their woes its unbelievable. I still think Omlet might get a mention in her column - I will be reading avidly in the next few weeks - and it wont be pretty. :lol: Mwah mwah - I would betcha a tenner we'll be mentioned - sorry mods I am sure you dont encourage gambling - but mark my words - she prob reads everything said about her.

I don't feel very strongly about Liz Jones either way, but I am an avid reader of her column. I do like that she loves animals, and has rescued quite a few, including ex-batts (although I was upset that she didn't fox-proof their territory). I cried when one of her cats went missing and again when one died (but that may just be my age :) ).

I don't know how much of her persona is put on for the column. If she lived a "normal" life, would we want to read about it? And I suppose being a fashion journalist has made her extremely s"Ooops, word censored!"by about labels.

I do wonder whether she has mild OCD. My ex-neighbour had that and she washed the packaging of her shopping before putting it away too. Once one of her (the ex-neighbour's) sons went to get a spoon out of the cutlery drawer, accidentally took two, then put the second one back. She had to empty the drawer and wash everything. She was not a happy person. It couldn't have helped living next door to a slattern like me and thank goodness she was pre-hens. That might have finished her off completely.

I'd read that RS was Jim Kerr too. I hope it ends well.

Cor lovely house! She does grate a bit, but can't fault her taste in pretty houses. Yep, a few alpacas in the barns and lots of chickens methinks. Nope, going to move to where it's flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with the OCD - but I think a little more than mild!

I used to read her articles in You magazine & enjoyed them, I do think she lives in cloud cuckoo land but she does love animals, she probably prefers them to people as she doesn't seem to have the best of relationships, although whether that's down to her I couldn't say :? I think that a lot of what she writes can be put down to "artistic licence"

If wiping packaging is an ocd, I wonder if my neighbours Aunt would qualify? She washes sausages :shock:

Simple Minds are playing at the Bedgebury Pinetum in June, is anyone else going or is it just myself & DH? :lol:

She might claim to 'love' animals but look back over her You columns and count up just how many of her animals get sick, injured etc through 'misshaps'. Michael the dog was trampled and bowled over by her horse because she neglected to keep him under control when they entered the field-she claimed to 'not know' the horses were there; Michael when new to her care savaged at least three sheep/lambs (!). One is an unfortunate mistake; the rest sheer inability to control her dog whilst out and shows her arrogant and casual disregard of other livestock. She won't eat lamb but is shows no shame about her dog savaging it!

Her animals are always getting ill from illnesses such as Laminitis which from what can be gathered from her writing, was preventable. She is totally unable to house train her dogs. No doubt she'd claim house training is 'cruel' yet actually what is cruel is her total inability to understand what it is that a dog requires his guardian/owner to be.

These animals are constantly reported as getting sick whilst she is away triggering semi hysterical, guilt ridden columns about her mad dash back from whatever trivial 'business' she is engaged in to tend to them. Her 'Nicole' is constantly left to take responsibility for all these incidents and is the REAL animal carer and lover.

She may believe she is doing good but she is not fit to run 'sanctuaries' of this scale. Take a leaf out of other animal carers books and DO IT FULLTIME BY BECOMING A REGISTERED CHARITY' NOT BECAUSE THEY FILL A SPACE IN YOUR EMBITTERED LOVELESS LIFE, Liz if you happen to read this.

I actually reported her to the RSPCA and relevant police authorities regarding her dog's attacks upon livestock when she first moved, but of course they were not interested.

How odd to dredge up this post all these months after it was last posted on.

I believe Liz is a genuine animal lover,who cannot resist a waif or a stray.

I believe she would spend her last penny on treatments,help or food for her animals & I also believe that she is a good soul.

She has had a poor press. people don't like her,but that is no reason to blacken her name with exaggerated accusations.

And back to the subject in hand,I still believe it is Jim Kerr :lol:

Jim Kerr a Rock STAR? :think: To me a Rock Star is someone like Freddie Mercury, Ossy Osbourne (!) etc so IMO this term, like 'Celebrity' is a little overused! I am sure he's lovely but Rock Star....hmmmm. :?

In my youth my parents had no idea who any of the puppets were on Spitting Image :roll: (apart from the politicians) and now I find myself in the same boat with the 'celebrity' Masterchef/Come Dancing/Get Me out of Here :lol: ! Must be old age! (Just off to WD40 my zimmer frame! :whistle: )