Cinnamon

Glowing

Quite literally.

My shoulders and arms are quite sunburned,much to my shame.

I am so careful about sunblock,and can't quite believe I have caught the sun in April :roll:

I didn't even feel it until the husband pointed it out....I was busy gardening

Beware people,it may be gorgeous out,but its also fierce :?

Happily I have found a dusty bottle of aftersun stuffed under the bed,and will be slapping on the 30,and covering up tomorrow!

I have been sat outside my back door, in my summer M&S bargain from last summers sale strapless dress (part 1 of not getting white strap marks this year) crocheting some baskets for the bathroom. I have factor 50 on today as obviously yesterdays factor 30 wasn't enough, as my back was sore last night and I have a weird rash on the back of my left hand, like an allergy, and not like my usual sun allergy one :?

And I had a pineapple mivi :wink:

Right, gonna brave the heat *phew* and hang out some washing :wink:

I have been sat outside my back door, in my summer M&S bargain from last summers sale strapless dress (part 1 of not getting white strap marks this year)

I aim for this every year but fail miserably - mine is usually worse though as you can normally see where I wear normal t shirts instead of putting strappy vest tops on. Every year I think I'll start wearing the vests earlier but I forget. :roll: I hate having white tops of my arms and back.

I didn't get a chance to go outside yesterday :( but I know I would have burned - it was as hot as summer, but I know from experience that I can easily burn on a spring day, and I usually put suncream on before gardening. I don't go below Factor 30 and usually have a long-sleeved shirt on.

Strap marks? I don't do tanning at all, no need to worry about strap marks then! :lol:

Here too we are all definitely in the Pink!! :oops:

Hi-jacking the thread a bit...also heard on the radio that skin cancer in the under 35's is on the up..much increased since the 1970's. it did occur to me that what we have promoted since the 70's and didn't use before is chemical sun blocks....... just makes you wonder a little bit :(

It does make me wonder too. I use the zinc/titanium dioxide sunscreens instead which reflect the suns rays rather than absorbing them into the chemicals. They're much better than they used to be and don't turn your skin white like they used to! :shock::lol:

I think there are lifestyle issues to be considered too - sunbeds etc as you say Claret, and also the sun is stronger now due to the depletion of the ozone layer but.... I'm still not prepared to take any chances by slathering my skin in noxious chemicals!

I really like the Ambre Solaire invisible spray stuff & find that it does the job really well,& its handy to have a spray for when I am home alone & there is no one around to rub it in for me.

I have been trying to train the cat to do this,but he's not having it :roll::lol:

Its on BOGOF in most Supermarkets at the moment too,so I have had a little stock up for when we go away in the summer 8)

I must add that I did have some mild suncream on when I got burned earlier in the week,but have since found that it was 4 years out of date :roll:

The weather has been fabulous and where have i been ??? inside with my shingles and antibiotics for chest infection which state in large letters No exposure to natural/ strong sunlight or lamps, so i bet when my tabs run out after the weekend it will rain....... and the weatherman will insist that summer isn't over but we all know that by easter the best has been !!!!!!! can i be miserable and cry 'Not fair'

The weather has been fabulous and where have i been ??? inside with my shingles and antibiotics for chest infection which state in large letters No exposure to natural/ strong sunlight or lamps, so i bet when my tabs run out after the weekend it will rain....... and the weatherman will insist that summer isn't over but we all know that by easter the best has been !!!!!!! can i be miserable and cry 'Not fair'

Not to " rain on your parade" which is a polite term for what I would say....once you've had shingles type viruses, you have to be careful, as sun can set the virus off again, as I was told when my little one had them. Luckily she never has, so whether its one of those things that Drs tell you...

Last year I discovered P20. The best sun tan lotion ever!

You put it on on the morning and that's it! Done all day! Expensive, but worth it! DIdn't burn at all in Portugal with temps of 30C.

Thanks for this Christian. I haven't heard of it before, so I've just popped out to get some. It's a bit late in the day to try it now, but I'll try it tomorrow.