The Dogmother

Animals with stuffed animals

Ah bless. :D Cookie had a stuffed husky dog/wolf that my ES gave to her when she was a puppy. I think he lost an eye but she never chewed it, just slobbed on it a lot. She seemed to stop carrying him (he had a name but for the life of me I can't remember what it was :roll: ) about a year ago (she's 4) so we threw him away.

When she had a phantom pregnancy she carried him around all the time. I don't think we have any photos though.

My Poppy cat has a springy mouse. It was off a round thing with a ball in it. It used to have the spring on it, with the mouse on the end that she could whack. It was soon pulled off, complete with the large spring attatched to it still. As she is a house cat, we often find it on our bed or the landing in the mornings - a kind of present for us. It's funny to hear her carrying it up the stairs with the spring catching. It's even funnier to see it in her mouth with the spring sticking out the side of her mouth. But the state of it! :shock: We even bought her a new toy & pulled the springy mouse off it, but no - it has to be the old one! :roll:

She also has Pink pig ( cat kong) in her basket, plus a white & a pink mouse.

Emma.x

This is the soft toy that lasted the longest. A whole two weeks. (Although his eyes were removed straight away :shock: ).

It's a meerkat my OH won a 'grabby' machine at the sea front so it only cost a few pence. Got some looks as walked the 20mins back to our car. I'm sure it looked to passers-by that she had someones actual cat in her chops!

We were picking up fluff and severed limbs for days. Poor teddy.

Image113.jpg

Simples!

(Can't seem to make the image smaller, mods, sorry)

Current favourites (of two greyhounds) are a reindeer, which has lasted since Christmas which is amazing; a warthog and a squirrel. We've prolonged their life by buying a job slot of squeakers and replacing when they are punctured!

Dylan (my strapping but sensitive gundog :roll: ) has Teddy Eddy, It comes out with us when we are training and working.

I use it as a reward retrieve so he knows he has done well or to give him confidence if he couldn't do an excercise, I used to get some looks from the other trainers, But i have now heard reports of teddys being used for other sensitive gun dogs. :lol::lol:

I should pantent Teddy Eddy :think:

Henry has bulldog..... My MIL got it at a charity shop :P she's also found a big bulldog, a massive bulldog and a tiny bulldog.. Henry know them all as "bulldogs" and loves them all more than his other cuddly toys (apart from maybe Christmas oggie - a hedgehog which has a stocking that you can put a biscuit in :lol: )

Should add, Henry is a 16 year old terrier that still plays like a pup :dance:

What cute photos these all are!!! ... don't dogs look adorable when playing with cuddly toys...

This was Charlie's favourite teddy when he was little (the big white teddy at the back) :

Charlieinhisbed.jpg

He had it for quite a while, then one day I found fluff in his bed and found poor ted was more or less beheaded... I sewed his head back on, but Charlie took it right off again. I couldn't bring myself to throwing it away, so teddy (looking grubby and raggedy) now sits on the radiator in the playroom, as a souvenir of Charlie's baby months.

I love dogs reactions to toys... at Xmas, we all gave Charlie a gift, and he played with each toy then proudly gathered them between his paws and went to sleep snuggling them... he gets as much joy from a gift as kids do...

On the squeaky toy front, he is totally mad about those 'spacehoppers' you can get... he has gone through three or four so far... will buy him another one some time, but we don't replace them as soon as they get damaged anymore, as it'd become a tad expensive!!