iar fach goch

Devastating news

Poor you, I feel for you. You are in such a difficult position.

But you are doing what your friend wants and are supporting her, so sorry that it is so hard on you. Hopefully she will be strong enough to meet and talk to you soon.

Is there someone that you can confide in and talk things through?

Chrissie

You are in a difficult position as Purplemaniac said. It is hard but you really have to go by how your friend wants to deal with this. I was told by a counsellor once after a friend had died, that sick people sometimes don't want to handle other peoples grief at their illness, as well as their own fear of it. Its all too much to handle. It is hard but as long as you are always there for her and that she knows that, you are being a comfort. Sending (((hugs))).

How about having a chat with someone from MacMillan or Marie Curie? I am sure they must have support for friends and relatives of cancer sufferers - maybe someone you can talk to or an information leaflet they can give you?

You are not being selfish - cancer affects everyone around the sufferer and you are perfectly entitled to feel really sad and scared as well.

Been a better few days, have been very busy with the boys and various sports and musical events this weekend; work again until Thursday and am going to see the Wales v Italy game on Sat, so something to look forward to. The sun is shining, and my lovely friend has been in touch promising to meet up in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully we will both be able to help each other in the darker days ahead. Thank you for your kind words and advice, think I will get in touch with MacMillan if things don't improve, but am having a good day today, so fingers crossed.

Such a impacting disease not only does it affect the person but all those around them, my Auntie Brenda died not so long ago from stomach cancer, she wasn't old and was health person who left a 22 year old daughter behind, she died not long after being diagnosed and I was with her as she slipped away, my tears of sadness turned to relief that she wasn't in pain anymore. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say but I shall say a prayer for you tonight that you find the strength to be a support network for the poorly person. I miss my auntie so much but I have 33 years of memories and I know she watches over me

Has been a better couple of weeks, had a lovely long chat last week, but this weekend is going to be difficult as my beautiful friend is getting married. Have spent the last couple of days just holding back the tears, and it's getting increasingly difficult. What is making it all the more difficult is how much my children are looking forward to the event as they have no idea why the wedding is taking place.

Many years ago at The Royal Marsden I nursed a young woman in her 30's with terminal breast cancer. It was her wish to spend one last Christmas with her young child and OH. we managed it but it was heartbreaking - many a time one of us would come out from her room trying to compose ourselves. I think I left that ward before she died but people can be immensely resiliant - I really hope it goes well and I know we will all be thinking of you. I have never forgotten this woman and often wonder where that little girl is now - herself a young woman. God bless Ali x

Have just returned, having had an emotionally exhausting weekend. It was the perfect day, she had worked so hard getting everything just right. Only had one little blip when I had to leave to shed a few private tears, but the rest of the time was spent smiling, a day to be treasured. Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Ditto what everyone else has said - she has a lovely memory as does her husband. There was a sad case in the paper where a terminally ill young lady died before her wedding. So sad - hope your friend has some time to spend as a newly wed. Relax now - you must have been a great support to her. Love and hugs Ali