cloud

Where do you keep your hen stuff

A corner of our outhouse which was just a wood store and a place to keep junk has grown over the few weeks we've had our hens. I'm rather proud of it as it feels like my 'the other office'.

But, I'm wondering where everyone else stores their pellets, sprays and products, and where you do those little jobs like filling the feeders and measuring out the ACV. Whether you just have a shelf or a whole room, are you proud of it :dance: or does it drive you mad :wall: ?

Photos too please :D

henstuff.jpg

On the desk is a project to adapt a Grub to hang on non-Eglu wire mesh. And behind me is two bright purple flip top bins (from Tesco) where we store the layers pellets.

Umm all over the place...

We have chicken george (a small garden shed) where I keep the spare grubs glugs, cleaning s"Ooops, word censored!"er, disinfectant powder, diatom and red mite powder, then the Aubiose is in the big shed at the bottom of the garden (much to OH's irritation!) whilst the purple spray and other chicken medicine bits and pieces are in the utility and the food is in a green dustbin in the garden...so not at all organised (but I do know where to find everything!) :D

Lotions and potions in the kitchen

Food in the closet i dont have a bin to put it in yet :oops:

Hay bales and all large equip is in the shed

Everything else is all over the place it takes ages to find anything but i darnt start to organise yet just ordered a 8 x 6 metal shed to move all the usefull garden things into as i have to fight my way to them past the hay bales :anxious: other half hasnt been out to get something from the shed yet so i have time :roll:

All the cleaning stuff and bedding is in the shed.

All the food/ corn are in two dog food bins in the corner of my kitchen diner, ontop of this in a pink ikea tub is all my powders, creams, acv, scaley leg etc....

I live in a small house and not much room outside either , in fear of rodents in the garden causing problems i keep all feed indoors.

Spare things...pvc tarps, papers,cube covers and winter carpet etc.. live in a wheelie bin with lid secure down the garden.

I have an emergency chicken medicine stash in a kitchen cupboard

A small shed outside the back door for lotions and potions

A posh penning shed for the show chooks complete with shelving unit, six feed bins, hooks, rails and hanging organiser - I literally spend hours in that shed fussing over the show chooks, the Walls are painted pale blue and there are pictures on the walls too :lol:

I have a chicken room which is a stable with a separate set of lotions and potions, cleaning out tools, feed bins, a handy worktop type thing, shelves, drawers etc as well as show training pens

I have a hay store which houses more feed bins, buckets, bedding and feeders/drinkers

Apart from the posh shed things arent very organised but I muddle along :lol:

Since there is only 2 of us at home now we have a spare little bedroom (with no bed) . All the food , medicines , red mite powder etc., is kept in there.

Since we have had a large tree removed from the front of our house it gets all the sun so it is also a garden area for planting up veg plants and keeping seeds etc.,. I also reckon it will be a great room for a chicken hospital if needed.

We have no room for visitors to stay :lol::lol:

I store most of my chicken bits and pieces in one of those tough plastic storage boxes,i think they are usually used for your garden furniture cusions etc (look like a backless bench with a lift up lid ),its really tough and no mice have got through it yet and has a place to put a padlock on so the kids cant get to any medicines etc they shouldnt touch, then inside this I have two plastic pet food bins bought from pets at home(like kitchen bins) with the layers pellets in and the corn in and these have their own lids as well so everything neat and tidyish.

We used to keep the girls things in the big shed but it wasn't ideal, it's very disorganised in there, bikes, ladders, junk etc.... We bought a small storage shed, bicycle storage size. In there we have 3 dustbins containing, pellets, shavings and corn/mealworms/treats etc. We also have a shelf for spare drinkers, feeders, ACV, cleaning products etc. It is much more handy for us keeping everything in one place.

A bit all over the place really. Some bits in a box in the cupboard under the stairs in the kitchen. Some bits in the garage (mainly bedding/straw). Some bits in an old council supplied recycling box with a lid. Food kept in a dustbin in the garden near the run. More stuff kept in "the very expensive wooden box" (this is what my husband calls my white painted beehive type thing in the garden - looks like an old fashioned beehive, but is a storage box - was expensive, hence it;s name). I do know exactly where everything is though.

I store most of my chicken bits and pieces in one of those tough plastic storage boxes,i think they are usually used for your garden furniture cusions etc (look like a backless bench with a lift up lid ),its really tough and no mice have got through it yet and has a place to put a padlock on so the kids cant get to any medicines etc they shouldnt touch, then inside this I have two plastic pet food bins bought from pets at home(like kitchen bins) with the layers pellets in and the corn in and these have their own lids as well so everything neat and tidyish.

This is what I have too, but the mice have found a way in. No idea how they are getting in as it should be rodent proof. There isn't any holes. I will have to have a look at the pet food bins for the pellets. All the corn, mealworms etc are sealed up. But I think one of their favourite occupations is rummaging about in the Auboise, and I can''t find anything big enough to keep that in, (Thats what the locker was supposed to do :(

Not having a shed nor a garage :oops:

Food and hemcore is down the end of OHs study by the French doors to the garden, there is a chicken medicine cupboard in the kitchen, in use things like biodri, diatom, buz busters etc are in the utility room, spare feeders and drinkers are in the little (unused) bedroom, then in the attic is unopened supplies, the incubator and all my other hatching supplies. Although it won't be long before they will be coming down and will be in use in the little bedroom :dance:

The shed houses spare feeders/drinkers, cage cups (for broody cage) and cleanin supplies, as well as the Bliss/Hemcore/Aubiose for bedding. The porch, which is enclosed, has the food, as it gets damp in the shed, and the shed has mice visiting. Chicken tonic is on the windowsill, ready to add to drink, and I have a staging post for food and mealies by the back door, ready to be used as bribes when required.

So it is all spread out a bit really...

Tasha and Cloud - your 'chicken rooms' look so cosy. :mrgreen:

Small bags of food, treats and the grub / glug overnight accomodation is the washing-up machine in the kitchen. I've given up using it for dishwashing as OH and I have most of our chats while doing the washing / drying up of an evening. It seemed a shame to let all that space go to waste so now it is filling up with chicken stuff. :eh:

Medicines are in a cupboard in the kitchen with dog and human medicines. (Hope OH does not give himself a dose of scaly leg ointment :anxious: )

The big bags of food and aubiose are kept in our shed in metal bins. The dustpan, diatom, house disinfectant and grit also live there.