Willow

Boat Race

What a hypocrite. He apparently went to Eton and has benefitted from elitism. Very ignorant and has spoilt the fun of all types of people from all around the world. It's disrespectful of the sportsmen and women who work so hard and to everyone who enjoys this sport.

There are protest camps ready to disrupt the Olympics, they don't understand that people need things like sport and music, especially in difficult times. The Romans got it.

What a selfish idiot.

A total disgrace :evil: I don't care about the background of those competing, they are sportsmen and women and worked very hard for this race. The whole thing was ruined by some hypocrite who wanted their five minutes of fame :evil: I feel for the poor chap that lost the oar and the guy that collapsed :(

Privately-educated Trenton Oldfield, from Whitechapel, London, graduated from the elite London School of Economics in 2008 with an MSc in Contemporary Urbanism. He is also a fellow Royal Society of Arts.

According to his profile on LinkedIn, he has worked and volunteered on a number of charities, trusts and community organisations.

Five years ago he helped found This Is Not A Gateway, a non-profit which ‘creates platforms for critical projects and ideas related to cities’, with fellow activist Deepa Naik.

The pair co-fund the organisation out of their own earnings.

On LinkedIn Mr Oldfield describes himself as: ‘Rich, open-minded, multi-disciplinary, efficient, focused, intelligent, honest, unique.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126492/Boat-Race-2012-Trenton-Oldfield-Thames-swimmer-caused-event-stop.html#ixzz1rYCY5uN3

:lol::lol::lol: intelligent!!! :lol::lol::lol:

He should be made to do a 13 week basic training course with the Army, as a starter, then train with Mathew Pincent for a few weeks.

Perhaps then he'd have a perspective of what he has done to two teams of committed sports persons.

I cannot use words I'd like to.

Angry

What he really needs is no publicity at all. The media should have kept the coverage to the boat race only and not mentioned him by name at all or shown his photo. He should not benefit from this act in any way.

If you remember there was a guy a few years ago who did similar things - running out in front of marathon runners to make his point.

Unfortunately there is no way to stop this type of stupid behaviour