Rhapsody

Our new Battersea Boy!!!!(We are offcially mad now)

My husband casually mentioned last weekend that it might be nice to get another dog around the farm, maybe a bigger one who would look the part of a guard dog but be a pet. I dont need telling twice so e-mailed Battersea Old Winsor an application form. They nudged me towards a young dog who had spent half his life in the home (since last November :cry:) he got on really well with our other 2 Battersea girls and passed cat and pony tests, so......

Here's Zeus....

doggipix007.jpg

Got him his own pony!

doggipix006.jpg

With the mini Shetland on the yard

doggipix002.jpg

He is fine with chooks but I couldnt get a pic as I was poised for trouble :roll: he is an American Bulldog which is a breed I dont know but so far I'm impressed! Need to feed him up, I think raw eggs in the food might be in order :wink:

Wow! he's gorgeous. :D

Cant believe a lovely dog like that has been in a home for so long :cry:

Well done :clap: to you for doing an excellent thing and rehoming - rather than getting a pup - so rewarding isnt it?

Another edition to the rhapsody clan...its forever growing isnt it! Fab though and I love the updates :lol:

Thank you all. A sad story- brought in by his owners at 8 months, he was their longest stay resident and everyone's baby, the rehomer we dealt with got on her radio as soon as we said yes and whooped at the whole staff the good news, suddenly we were surrounded by people wishing us luck and crying!!!!!!! They literally waved him off as he sat in our car staring back out of the tailgate at them. I said goodbye with the promise "He wont be back" :wink:

What an absolutely beautiful dog - he's gorgeous & thank you for giving him a better life. I really admire you! Rescue dogs have so much to give it's like they say thanks for everything you do for them! My mums & dads dogs always did!

~he likes his toys doesn't he? Bless him...I bet he'd like a frisbee.

~I would have thought he's still quite a young dog as he's playful & likes his toys so much. A vet would give you an idea of his age by looking at his teeth. Not always accurate, but a good indication.

He is lovely - Well done you!!!!!!

Emma.x

Thank you all. A sad story- brought in by his owners at 8 months, he was their longest stay resident and everyone's baby, the rehomer we dealt with got on her radio as soon as we said yes and whooped at the whole staff the good news, suddenly we were surrounded by people wishing us luck and crying!!!!!!! They literally waved him off as he sat in our car staring back out of the tailgate at them. I said goodbye with the promise "He wont be back" :wink:

It's not a sad story at all, it has a wonderful ending, he has come home with you! It was obviously meant to be, he has waited for you for a long time Rhapsody, and what a beautiful dog, I am not surprised the staff were sad he was leaving.

Rhapsody, what a lovely dog - I thought he was a boxer too. I'm really surprised no one had taken him before.......he was just waiting for you! Whereabouts are you cos if you got him from Battersea in Old Windsor that's only a stones throw from us (as long as you can throw quite a way :wink: ) All my animals have always been rescues, except for my chooks and I'm fairly sure that we'll add to our flock in the future so I'll be able to have rescue chooks as well!!

Hope you and your zoo have sunny days and play days! :lol:

Mrs B

This is what he will look like when he is up to weight :shock:

AmericanBulldogCoreah.jpg

He jumped on the bed this morning and it was like someone had thrown a dead body next to me. I woke up to his enormous head looming and being snogged by those lips is some experience! :lol: my girl dogs just sighed and went back to sleep. Composing letter to Dog's Home so they know he's ok.

8) Glad to see a dog given a new home, and a second chance at a good family life. Both of mine have come from rescue.

He looks very playful, and I would agree with previous comments re. age, as he seems v.playful :wink: .

Hope he continues to settle :P