abwsco

Tattoo updated with picture

Just booked in to have my first one done on Monday after work. I'm having a purple and pink chrysanthemum on the top of my foot. Have wanted one for ages and as I'm 50 this year :shock:

It sounds like it is going to be very pretty. Hope it goes well on Monday and I can't wait to see the end result. Might inspire me to get another one 8)

what's a tunnel ear piercing?

People use tunnels or plugs to stretch the hole. They build up the size of the plug/tunnel until they make the flesh stretch to the size of hole they want.

Looking forward to seeing it done now :)

I like them on other people and have no problem with piercings or tattoos ... on others. Not squeamish just don't want to have any myself. Some of them are real works of art and lovely designs; a lass at work had something quite intricate done on her arm but it has gone all fuzzy - not sure what has happened but it is indistinct and not crisp if you get my drift.

If Rosie ever decided to have one done (when she is old enough) then that's up to her but i very much doubt that she will as she has a low pain threshold :lol: My sister had one done about 15 years ago, I understand that she now regrets it and has never plucked up the courage to tell our folks

Dogmother - That's lovely that you'll allow Rosie to make her own choice when she's old enough. :D I had mine done as am an arty sort of person. My fairy was my way of having my own art & the love of all things fairytale. My piglet, was because I just love piglet so much from Winnie the pooh. :oops: I also have my nose pierced, but that is an Indian & Hindu wedding thing.

I don't like tongue piercings when I see them. They make me cringe a bit. I don't like the old fashioned tattoos like l.o.v.e & m.u.m or anchors, mermaids etc. I also don't like the goth , dragon or ED Hardy style tattoos.

No - on a woman they should be feminine things. On men then I like the tribal sort of tattoos only really.

Good luck with your tattoos !!!

Emma.x

I have a tattoo on my stomach which is just above the bikini line. It's 2 dolphins which I had done when I swan with dolphins in the wild. If I wear a bikini it looks like they are jumping outta the water, if I wear a tankini or swimsuit that you wouldn't know it was there.

I had my belly button pierced for my 40th birthday.

Not planning anymore piercings or tattoos.

My pet hate is women who have tattoos on their shoulders, then wear tops which 'cut' the tattoo in half or have loads of tattoo on their arms...but that's just me.

Can't wait to see photos :D

Not sure I could ever have a tattoo myself but I'm interested in why other folk have them. My friend had one on her shoulder blade for her 40th birthday, a dolphin. It is never seen out in public unless she wears swimwear :) . A woman at work has her shins tattooed, which must have been painful :shock:

Please post pics when it's done!

Dogmother - That's lovely that you'll allow Rosie to make her own choice when she's old enough. :D

Not lovely, just pragmatic; she knows that I'd think she was stupid to get it done, and that I don't like it but if she''s going to do it there's probably very little that I can do to stop her once she's over 18. :roll:

Dogmother - That's lovely that you'll allow Rosie to make her own choice when she's old enough. :D

Not lovely, just pragmatic; she knows that I'd think she was stupid to get it done, and that I don't like it but if she''s going to do it there's probably very little that I can do to stop her once she's over 18. :roll:

Eleanor came back with a tattoo when she was 16 :roll: Her and her friend had gone out shopping and were ages. Obviously lied about her age and as no ID was required they just signed to say they were over 18. She'd also previously tried piercing above her lip and her nose herself but had failed when she 14 :roll:

I'd love to see a pic when you've had it done :D

I have a small tattoo on my stomach, on the right of my belly button but just above my (hipster) jeans line. It is a Japanese symbol that says courage (and it really does, a couple of Japanese friends confirmed it for me :lol: ). I had it done when I was 20 and at a difficult/changing time in my life. I'd wanted a tattoo for years but could never decide what to have, this one jumped off the page as it really meant something to me. It also looks a bit like a little man with a pointy hat on from the angle I see it at i.e. upside down! :lol: