abwsco

Tattoo updated with picture

Just booked in to have my first one done on Monday after work. I'm having a purple and pink chrysanthemum on the top of my foot. Have wanted one for ages and as I'm 50 this year :shock: I just thought what the heck plus as I drove past the studio today there was a parking space so I took it as a sign-lols

Edited by Guest

My mum is 53 and she's having her third tattoo next Wednesday, on her foot like you. She's having butterflies. She's got a daisy chain tattoo around the top of one arm and a swirly thing in her lower back. She had her belly button pierced for her 40th birthday :lol:

I had my first piericng (other than ear lobes) done for my 43rd birthday & I am seriously considering a tattoo now too,but I can't decide what,let alone where :roll:

My mind changes by the day - today I fancy a red chilli pepper,quite small,on the back of my neck,just below my hair line,so its discreet unless I want it to be seen.

A chilli in honour of my late Chilli-cat,who I miss terribly.

No doubt I will fancy something different tomorrow...................

Yeah, let's hear it for mature tattoos! I'm really pleased to see quite a few over-50s in the list above, most of my friends think I am bonkers but I love my tatts - the first one is so small I wonder why I bothered, but I have a nice abstract design on my shoulder and I had my tragus pierced for my 50th. I'd definitely consider another one.

About 10 years ago, at 37, I had my belly button pierced on the Friday night and got a tattoo on the Saturday afternoon! I have a jumping dolphin at the bottom of my back.

My friend and I are now thinking it's time to get another one - it's just a case of what and where ......

Like yours scarlettohara :) Did it hurt a lot? DD's both have one on their wrists and say it wasn't too bad. However, one of DD's frineds who has loads and loads of tattoos has said her foot one hurt the most. Ah well I'll find out on Monday-lol

My tattoo is going to be quite big as the tattooist said it a small one would look like it was just stamped on. Think the circle he's drawn is about 4" in diameter.

All power to those that are keen :D but, personally I have never wanted to have something done that is so permanent in case I regret it at a later date :anxious: ! Its all a case of what you are happy with! There are some nice designs around but, for someone who is even lary about a permanent colour on the hair front, its probably not for me :lol: !

Wow, I am in the minority, and I am really quite surprised :lol:

Don't really like tatoos generally, there is an odd one that I like on someone else but that is very rare.

I think it came from being about 16 and on holiday in Newquay, an older, much older, wrinkly, guy strolled across the beach with this thing on his chest. It turned out it was a eagle, with outstretched wings, right across his chest. It probably looked nice when he was young and fit, but now looked lke it had been shot :?

I saw a photo of one once that I thought was clever, it was a man with a spine tatooed up his spine.

At an evening class in Greek there was a girl that came because she wanted something in Greek Tattooing and wanted to make sure it really said what she wanted it to say :lol:

I know lots of people who have them, younger and older, and I know a few who have tried to have them removed, usually unsuccessfully, at least partially.

Don't like piercings either really - sorry - don't mean to offend anyone. I'm a bit sqeamish about belly buttons, and really don't like facial ones, can't stop looking at them and just get this urge to pull them. :lol:

Have got my ears pierced though.

Good luck though, if it is something you have wanted for ages you must be really excited.

Wow, I am in the minority, and I am really quite surprised :lol:

We must be in a minority of two, Duncan08. I've seen plenty of tattoos on older people where skin and muscle tone is poor and it is not a particularly good look.

However, it is down to personal choice and I would always defend that.

Edited by Guest

Minority of 4! I think skin is one of the most beautiful, amazing things. Would you spoil the beautiful peachy skin of a baby or toddler with a tattoo? I think not. I also remember the blurred bluey blotches on the wrinkly arms of old sailors when I was a child - not pretty! I dread my kids wanting tattoos - they are 19 and 13. I think the elder would demur - he doesn't like needles!

Well, I love my tattoo. I've had it around 16 years and it is on my back. It is hidden away for most of the time and I actually sometimes forget it's there until I catch sight of it in the mirror and think that's lovely. I get quesy at the thought of belly button piercings having seen quite a few become infected. Each to their own though. I don't like seeing so many youngsters with tunnel ear piercings. I keep thinking of getting another tattoo but have done nothing about it yet..

Well, I love my tattoo. I don't like seeing so many youngsters with tunnel ear piercings. I keep thinking of getting another tattoo but have done nothing about it yet..

Me too :D I have two very large tattoos, one on my side and one on my back. They're hidden 99% of the time, and no-one would ever know..but I do. To each their own, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and doesn't affect your ability to be a contributing member of society (I used to have a boyfriend who decided to get a big tattoo on his FACE :shock: When I said 'but what about your job?' - which he promptly got sacked from- I was accused of being boring :roll: needless to say he didn't last long :lol: ) I think people can do what they like with their own bodies.

Apart from the 'drunken stag night' type of tattoo, I dont think I've ever met a person with a tattoo where the tattoo didnt mean something very personal to them - it's a form of self-expression ..and if we all liked the same things, the world would be a very boring place :D

Would you spoil the beautiful peachy skin of a baby or toddler with a tattoo? I think not. I also remember the blurred bluey blotches on the wrinkly arms of old sailors when I was a child - not pretty!

We're talking about adults making an informed, personal choice here. Not what people might do to a child!

I have a tattoo, my navel pierced and my ears pierced (twice each lobe and one cartilege), but I would never dream of even considering having a child pierced or tattooed. I don't even like seeing babies / young children with their ears pierced as that was clearly not their choice.

And many tattoos are very artistic and involve many colour combinations - we're not all wrinkly old sailors with blurred bluey blotches! :)

Well, for those who of who don't like tattoos fair enough. Didn't start this thread for a debate on tattoo's though :(

Also, the tattoist who is doing mine is a born again Christian and sees his tattoos as a form of worship.