coppers

An announcement and a query...

Wow....how exciting for you all; big congrats :dance: !

We looked at all sorts of equipment when we had ES and so much of it seemed to have a very limited life; what that taught us wasto look at each item and ask ourselves how long this would last us and what the resale value was :roll: ! Certainly the Stoke high chair thingy lasts for ages but it may be worth asking around at NCT classes/local playgroup(which I went to with bump - very useful in terms of getting tips from 'experienced' mums!)

My no.1 invaluable best buy item for both boys was a good sling both in the house and outside as I carried them for 6/7 months with ES ; born 35wks and 16 or so months with YS -who was very prem at 29 wks. Ended up with YS slung on my hip with a Baba sling - really reccomend this one for babies and todds! Made life SO much easier and the boys- both very different characters-were very contented to be carried, also less hassle in terms of lugging buggies everywhere! Sorry I have digressed heare but am/was a BIG fan of slings!

Enjoy this very exciting time 8):clap:

Ooooh, congratulations :D We became Grandparents for the first time in March and it's wonderful :D

No idea about the Stokke crib/cot system as DD bought a cot bed from John Lewis. It wasn't dear and the quality is excellent. Obviously it's not as stylish as the Stokke.

I didn't find out the sex of my first baby, which was quite handy as it meant that I had plenty of newborn, 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes that would be suitable for baby number two as well. Perfect as I had a boy first and then a girl.

I got a lot of neutral stuff in the sale at Woolworths which is sadly no more, it was lovely seeing all their Ladybird brand stuff again for second baby.

Enjoy baby stuff shopping :D:D

Totally agree re; the co-sleeping! Did that with both boys even though YS, the very premmy, refused to B/F! Various Health Visitors threw up their hands in horror and assured me this was A BADTHING but we all loved it! I pulled our two pillows back to each side of the bed to make a big space in the middle and both boys just snuggled down with us. Neither had a prob going on into their own cots/beds and are now, fingers crossed, great sleepers at 4 and 8. I JUST ADORED that closeness with them!

Another one saying fantastic news for you, but sadly no idea about the cot bed thingy...

Not sure about the benefits of co-sleeping as I didn't do it...but I did breastfeed but in the middle of night and it was honestly never a big deal for us , I got the chance to read some fantastic novels which I would have missed out on if I'd had to rely on daytime hours only.... my babies slept beside me in a large moses basket but I went into the spare bedroom at the first squeak (the so called nursery!) so as not to disturb the OH..... Happy days and now DS is off to UNI...how did that happen!

Never heard of the Stokke, I'm afraid, but Congratulations!! How exciting!

We bought pretty much all the parm, etc 2nd hand , as you use it for such a short time, my pram had a detachable flat bit for sleeping, so we put the tiny baby to sleep in it downstairs with us, and then carried the whole thing up the stairs and put it in the cot, (on four place mats, so as not to dent the cot mattress with the clippy bits!!, When the babies got big enough, we let them loose in the cot!! It wa sone a friend let us have, I painted it all different pastel colours(the bars), and did a Winnie Poo on his balloon on the end, inside bit.

It's still being passed around, everyone buys a new cot mattress, and enjoys it for their time!!

We spent the £ saved on a Very good quality pushchair, as this gets used alot!!