Martin B

Here we go again.

How horrible for you Martin, :shock::shock:

I hope things improve soon. When will this end? I don't remember a worse summer than this one.

We really feel for everyone affected by the flood water you must feel so helpless watching the water get ever closer knowing that there is sod all you can do about it.

I hope you are all ok. Sorry to hear about your quail.

Kev.

I'm so sorry about the quail. I'm a bit away from you but will happily look after any that needs temporary rehousing. theres no chance of flooding here.

(going to go and ring my brother whos house got flooded last time)

Look after you animals and property but most of all TAKE CARE

Well, I've calmed down now that there is daylight.

Everybody is out and about, and the amound of rubbish floating around is astonishing.

The chickens and rabbits are in their eglu(minus run) on top of the roof. I can't really get them down on my own, so they will have to stay there for a bit where it is safe.

Another problem is that water has come into the shed and soaked all of the animal feed in the paper bags, chick crumb, grit and pellets are all stuck together and they smell awful.

The chicks are currently eating finch seed, which is the only thing we have for them.

Martin

Photos sooooon!

What a scary time Martin :shock: Happy Birthday to Sean :? - sorry he is missing his party :( . I know your Mum was buying drinks and food last time we came over.

We're not as badly off as you. We are near the bottom of a long slope but luckily, the run off from the fields above us goes either side of the house and adds to the problems at the bottom of the drive and the traffic island. There are still cars sitting in water down there.

Countrywide at Bearley is open for feed Martin - and if you can reach us, we can help out with Eglus/quail? We have enough ground that is still not too waterlogged :?

Here are some of our photos - don't want to start another thread, hope that's OK Martin?

Our driveway

2007_0720Floods0012.jpg

The island - from our drive

2007_0720Floods0015.jpg

2007_0720Floods0018.jpg

2007_0720Floods0019.jpg

Lauren and Jake in their garden

Floods.jpg

Stratford this morning.... 2007_0721StratFloods0009.jpg

2007_0721StratFloods0006.jpg

2007_0721StratFloods0001.jpg

Oh my goodness, I hardly know what to say :shock: The weather is pretty much unbelievable, especially considering that this is supposed to be summer.

Take care all, I hope that the waters continue to recede and that there's no more damage.

Thanks for posting the pics too Lesley & Martin.

Sorry about your quail etc Martin and hopefully your brother will be able to re-schedule his party.

My OH and youngest were on their way to Honeybourne yesterday, they left here in Cornwall at 3:45 and got as far as junction 11 and were told to turn round and come home again after 9 hours. The youngest is devistated at missing her 2nd cousins party but knows the paddling policeman who told Daddy to come home must have been right :roll:

This weather seems to be very strange and really quite frightening when you look at the devastation it is causing. Hugs and best wishes to all of you who are affected. Martin - you are doing a wonderful job with all the suport you are providing to other people. When I read your posts I always think how wise beyond your years you appear. You seem a very thoughtfull person.

Lesley and Martin - the photos while shocking are also pretty amazing - it really beings it home just how bad things are.

Hope all the animals - and humans - remain safe. (the loss of the quail is so sad though)

x

Lovely to chat to you and your mum this morning, she sounded so worried. I hope that they can salvage the bridge in Alcester.

Throw all that spoiled food out - it will be dangerous if it has got damp as mould can grow in it. Are you managing to take the dogs out?

Call me if you need anything Hon

I have experienced a flooded house and village (not here) many years ago, so I know first hand what it is like.

So glad to hear that it has not entered the house - and I hope that remains the case.

We are all thinking of you - and pray that the water subsides very soon.

xx

When I read your posts I always think how wise beyond your years you appear. You seem a very thoughtfull person.

x

I have found this many times! Until today I thought Martin was an adult who managed a kids football team! There are so many really well balanced intelligent young people on here!

The future is bright after all.

Kev.

I have fingers and toes crossed. It rained hard all night - but conveniently stopped at 7am when I went to let the chickens out.

Fortunately our garden is like walking on a marsh - and the drainage they put in under the gardens when they were built (it used to be a potato farm which flooded all the time) are doing their job.

I really feel badly for all the poor souls flooded out.

The Government agencies really should get a move and and look into what they can do, if anything, to help prevent this, it seems to be an almost annual occurance and the summer rains and storms seem to create the most havoc - they are so sudden.

I hope Martin pops back on here later to let us know how his family and area are coping.

I The Government agencies really should get a move and and look into what they can do, if anything, to help prevent this, it seems to be an almost annual occurance and the summer rains and storms seem to create the most havoc - they are so sudden.

Dredging waterways and not allowing buildings on flood plains would be a start :?

Sorry :oops: Got a bit angry there, and this is Martin's thread.

Martin are you OK today?

I The Government agencies really should get a move and and look into what they can do, if anything, to help prevent this, it seems to be an almost annual occurance and the summer rains and storms seem to create the most havoc - they are so sudden.

Dredging waterways and not allowing buildings on flood plains would be a start :?

You are soo right.

Too much block paving of gardens is a contributor too. Massive amounts of water which would otherwise be absorbed by the ground now has to find its way to already overflowing drains. The problem is hugely underestimated apparently.

We are all thinking of you - and pray that the water subsides very soon.

Thankyou for praying, because miracuously the water has dissapeared. I couldn't believe it. Low and Behold we have a bright sunny day today like Lesley.

:?

Photos are currently being uploaded on photobucket. :)