sparkysmum

Annabel - we can't believe it :o latest update

Annabel, our ex breeding Yorkie, has been settling in well but today she seemed off colour. didn't want her breakfast, seemed a bit sad, and was determined to dig over one of Sparky's old dens. Oh well I thought we all have off days don't we. Later on Hazie said "Mum, I think Annabels teats are getting bigger," then Simon said that he could def see movement in her tummy :o It would appear that Annabel is in pup :!: Needless to say she has a vet appointment tomorrow. Will update when we know more.

Edited by Guest

Annabel has had a puppy :!::!: The lovely Hazie and Ant were sitting with her when she had a quiver and her waters broke on Hazie's jumper. At 1.06 her puppy arrived. Simon was brave and helped when he needed to and I could only stand and watch in total awe. She is suckling amid lots of contented squeaks. 8)

Congrats to Annabel and you :dance: Hope all is well with everyone this morning.

Many years ago our Gilda had what we thought was a phantom pregnancy, until she gave birth to four little ghosts :shock:. All were healthy pups and she was a superb mum but it did rather upset the household routine :lol:

Does he have a name yet?

Hi everyone :D We've been out for supplies :!: Annabel is wolfing down puppy food (lots of calories) and chicken. We are going to put a Mamas and Papas baby bath into service as a wipeable dog bed. Simon is currently making a playpen affair so that Annabel, pup (dispute over name) and all their stuff can be contained.

Named the wee chap yet, have you :wink: ?

At least all your dogs are tiny - 4 will be no problem at all :whistle: . I'm going to come to Dunblane just to see you walking them all at once :lol: .

:lol::lol::lol: The thought of it is mind boggling. Something I thought I.d never even contemplate.

:shock: Goodness, what a surprise. A bit lax of the breeder if you don't mind me saying so... she's too old to breed really.
You are right, but now that he is here he will be well cared for and have been with the same vet practice for more than 20 yrs if there is a problem.

Oh my what a suprise :shock: She will know what she is doing so try not to worry too much. :
Thanks for the reassurance Chucky Mama, I have to say we are having to totally rely on her instincts as we are total novices at this.

Hazie, "mid woof" has taken heaps of photos so will post some soon. Thanks for all your encouragement. Axx