sparkysmum

Annabel - we can't believe it :o latest update

Awwwww thanks again for all your kindness :D We are overwhelmed but delighted that they are both well. please help with this dilemma tho'. What to do about the breeder.No money changed hands, she simply handed Annabel over to us saying she wanted her to go to a happy home and since she knew Sparky and Daisy were happy dogs and had a good life, she wanted this for Annabel. Annabel had been mated but she believed that she was not in pup, and her last 2 matings had failed.

She had always been an outdoor dog and the prospect of her going back to this life fills me with dread. Would be grateful for your thoughts on 1) when I should tell her 2) what I should tell her 3) any deal I could propose :?: Sorry if I sound like I'm asking you to solve this for us but our collective intellect has to be better than mine & OH's alone :lol: Axx

I may be missing something but you rehomed Annabel in good faith , as long as you are happy to keep her and look after the puppy and either keep it as your own or rehome him, I can't see why the breeder needs to know.

You have given Annabel a loving home and are now taking on much more than you expected, perhaps I am missing some vital piece of information.

Chrissie

I agree with Chrissie, Annabel and her pup are yours now and I don't think the breeder should come into it at this stage. I could be wrong, but I wonder if she'd actually be interested in a singleton pup anyway? I think as long as you are happy to raise the pup and either keep/re home him when old enough (bet you won't be able to do that! :lol: ) then that's your business only.

Presumably she could have taken Annabel to be scanned for pups to confirm whether or not she was pregnant, but as she didn't (I assume, as otherwise she would have known?) then she was taking a certain gamble that she definitely wasn't expecting a litter when she was handed over to you.

Presumably she could have taken Annabel to be scanned for pups to confirm whether or not she was pregnant, but as she didn't (I assume, as otherwise she would have known?) then she was taking a certain gamble that she definitely wasn't expecting a litter when she was handed over to you.

Did you know that there was a possibility that she was pregnant? If not that was not very responsible by the breeder as there may have been no one at home to deal with the delivering dog and if something had gone wrong the result could have been awful, if help wasn't got for some hours.

Chrissie

Wow! Only just seen this, what a lovely surprise and what gorgeous pics :D So very cute.

I would be inclined to agree with the others re the breeder, I wouldn't have thought she would have a claim now. Thank goodness you rehomed Annabel when you did!

The breeder has no claim at all over Annabel or her pup (we've taken in enough dogs over the years to know this, including an adoptee that they changed their minds six months later and wanted back - no way :shameonu: !!)

They are both yours, all yours, and very lucky to have found such a lovely loving home :D .

Maybe clever Annabel kept her condition hidden till she was sure her paws were well and truly under your table :lol:!

I agree with everyone else, I don't think the breeder has any claim at all on puppy - you can bet your bottom dollar if Annabel had needed vet care and you'd ended up with a big bill the breeder wouldn't have wanted to claim that, so I think puppy is the same. I can't help but think it was for the breeder to decide she was or wasn't pregnant, not you? It might be that the mating was an accident (I mean, do we know who daddy is, he could be a Great Dane she met in the park, not a Yorkie at all! - not of course that I'm implying Annabel is that sort of girl!!! :shock: )?!

Thank you all for your collective wisdom :D The forum has to be the best problem solving tool there is :lol: Thanks esp Dancing Cloud for being so positive ~ makes us feel mush more positive too. I do agree that she could have had Annabel scanned and when I think about it am somewhat bewildered as to why she didn't. £'s I reckon, or perhaps I'm being unkind.

Pleased to report that she continues to do well, nursing and sleeping away the day. More pics soon. Axx

I hope it all goes well.

Some friends adopted a rescue lurcher a couple of years back, it turned out to be up the duff, they were happy about it and had no problem finding homes. The rescue wasn't so helpful and wanted the pups back (once the hard bot had been done and vet bills paid)... no doubt so they could charge more adoption fees :evil: ugly situation ensued but the dog and pups remained with my friends.

The rescue wasn't so helpful and wanted the pups back (once the hard bot had been done and vet bills paid)... no doubt so they could charge more adoption fees :evil: ugly situation ensued but the dog and pups remained with my friends.

Absolutely disgraceful - you either take the pups back, vet bills and all, or you leave them with the rehomer. Thank goodness your friend was able to keep and rehome the pups herself. But honestly... The cheek!

Sounds like it's settled - the puppy is yours :D:dance: .

Yaay the forum has spoken :lol: Hope it goes this well in reality :pray:

What a terrible story Dogmother, kind of brings you down to earth. I know I wont be able to deal with a nasty situation, so I'll just keep hoping it wont happen. Axx

Just caught up with your news....that was quick :shock: I agree with what folks are saying. She was given to you to care for and surely anything that happens after the 'hand over' be it good or bad is for you to deal with. In this case it is soooo lovely :) The photos are great. Any news of a name :?:

I would just keep quiet about the pup though :wink: