Ain't Nobody Here

Minor irritations

I have an idea to fit these so called 'ripen at home' fruit with one of those pop up things that you can get on some Christmas turkeys; they are embedded in the flesh and 'pop up' when the bird is cooked. This could be linked to some kind of alarm that went off so that you could then hightail it to the fruit bowl before finding your scrummy nectarines had turned into mush!!! Ditto avocados, mangos, melons, kiwis :twisted:

All boybands far and wide.

The fact MTV rarely plays music. The fact Discovery Channels rarely show anything factual.

When a recording on the Sky Box starts too late or finishes before the programme is over.

Living in Ireland while watching the scientific, technological, and medical breakthroughs of every country except my own.

Hens, sheep, and cattle that decide to go off-colour the day before you go on holidays.

Actually, that last one is more than a minor irritation.

Cars with fog lights on when there is no fog and those that have them on even in a queue of traffic. If I'm behind you and I have not crashed in to you why do you still need to dazzle me with your high intensity fog light and make it almost impossible for me to see when you brake.

Wrong capitalisation when measurements units are abbreviated - why is it considered okay to get km or ms or kg or dBm or kHz wrong when the same people would be appalled if I wrote 'your' when I meant you're. Even big companies seem to get this wrong.

Shops that only open when I'm at work, especially those that also close at lunchtime.

PPI claim phone calls

Why am I more irritated the older I get.

Today it has also been a number of things irritating me !

• The amount of things that I have to multi task at once due to not enough hours in the day/week/month/year

• My to do list that never ends

• My husbands stupid economy drive

• Putting flat pack shelves together inside out !! Yes it is possible and happens when the old multi tasking malfunctions

• My stupid embroidery machine inability to keep the height of all the 140 names I am currently embroidering onto ribbon for my friends wedding a uniform height

• Cars not indicating at junctions

• Road closures and councils not planning when these happen (two widely used roads in our area closed and the diversions are a nightmare

• Forgetting that the darn road is closed half way through the journey and its too late to change the route

• My inability to spell and reliance on spell check

• The way some of my friends children speak to them

• The more I think about things that annoy me, the more annoyed I get

• My lovely darling Annie and her resistance to the broody coop :wall:

• And finally for now .... the stupid post it note that wouldn't stick to the wall where I wanted it to, that has now cemented itself to my bloomin flip flop

Hmmm time for choccie, telly and something that contains a % :lol:

People who have no idea what indicators are for so never use them.

People who can't use a roundabout.

People who like to drive up my rear when doing the national speed limit.

People who drive 40mph in a 60 zone, then continue to do 40 through 30 limits in villages :wall:

All of the above are found on my typical trip to work!

Edited by Guest

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to drive in clear conditions and/or town centres with your fog lights on.

My tolerance levels depend largely on how much sleep I've had :roll:

It is an offence to use fog lights when:

(a)Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other persons using the road.

(b)Used so as to be lit at any time other than in conditions of seriously reduced visibility.

©Used so as to be lit when a vehicle is parked.

Section 27 of The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

Can also land you with a £30 FPN too.

Kissinuk, can we add folks who stick to the middle lane on motorways to that list?

Yes, definitely! Lost count of the number of middle-lane drivers I flashed on my way to North Devon last week, complely clueless to why I was flashing them driving down the middle lane of a half empty M5!

We get the lycra louts in their hundreds (well, it seems that way) racing on the straight road along the edge of the village. They even have the audacity to put up signs saying 'Caution; Cycle Race in Progress' even though racing on public roads is illegal :twisted: When challenged they claim its only a 'time trial' not a race!

They all bunch up together, very often three or four deep and then ten or so long; its like trying to overtake something the general size of an artic truck. AND they don't pay any road tax or insurance :evil::evil::evil:

We get the lycra louts in their hundreds (well, it seems that way) racing on the straight road along the edge of the village.

I blame the Olympics :lol: I agree though it can be soooo annoying.

My pet hate is car drivers not taking their priority at junctions. We have a lot of older drivers here who will wave you on when you know it is their turn and if you drive across them and they drive into you it will be you to blame :evil: Also mobility scooters on the main road is another nightmare :evil:

Given that's its highly illegal and incredibly dangerous I am AMAZED at how many people STILL drive whilst on the 'phone (either that or they stop somewhere really stupid and/or dangerous to take the call :twisted::roll:) ! Is it really worth it? What call could be THAT important? :wall:

Trouble is, there just are not enough Police to keep tabs on them.......another story/thread entirely! :doh:

Totally agree with the Lycra clad cyclists. Hubby and I nearly took a whole load of them out recently when we approached a junction in a village - they cut across the junction (turning right) all bunched up, and came towards us on the wrong side of the road. Not being able to see round corners (!) we of course didn't see them coming until they suddenly zoomed round and were right in front of us. Had we have been going more than the 15 or so mph we were doing, we'd have taken the lot of them out. Bloomin dangerous and very selfish behaviour :evil:

Tail gating - have it every day on way to work - I normally do one of the signs not in the highway code as it makes me feel better. I am becoming a miserable old bat and love a "lets slag off .......session"- was in my element in Spain - all the other nationalities came in for a good moan about. Now what next?