Ain't Nobody Here

Minor irritations

My car radio shows info about the song currently playing which is good because sometimes I'd like to know who the artist is or remind myself of the song title.

It would help, though, if they didn't put in large letters "CURRENTLY PLAYING" before the info so that you only see the first few letters of the song currently playing :wall: .

They don't have to tell me it's currently playing. I know that 'cos I'm listening to it :roll: .

Laying in bed feeling sick and with a headache...it is self induced but I really didn't drink much so don't deserve to feel this way. Hubby has verified I didn't drink much as he poured all my drinks. It's a double irritation too as if I felt better my son and I were going camping

Did have a good time though. DS said to me, mum I've never seen you dance like that!!!

ANH my radio does that too, flipping annoying

Hearing people open the dishwasher -on realising it needs emptying, hearing them so gently shutting it again and walking quietly away.

Leaving dishes on the side of course.

They get called back of course.

Very much so ! but also when the hubby neatly stacks all the dirty plates etc ready to go in the dishwasher only when I get down the dishwasher is bleepity bleep empty !!! :evil: Surely the energy he takes to do this would be better spent loading the darn thing !!

Now if this was titled Major irritations I would happily name him as my biggest

Hearing people open the dishwasher -on realising it needs emptying, hearing them so gently shutting it again and walking quietly away.

Leaving dishes on the side of course.

They get called back of course.

Very much so ! but also when the hubby neatly stacks all the dirty plates etc ready to go in the dishwasher only when I get down the dishwasher is bleepity bleep empty !!! :evil: Surely the energy he takes to do this would be better spent loading the darn thing !!

Now if this was titled Major irritations I would happily name him as my biggest

So it's not just my hubby then. He NEVER puts stuff in the dishwasher, always stacks it on the side and even more annoying its always the other side of the sink not the dishwasher side!!!! His answer to that is because you have to work left to right. WHAT???? It's the source of constant bickering in my house.

Husbands huh ! Mine is currently parading around on his high and mighty high horse !

As for the loading of said dishwasher on the occasions he does load ours he constantly puts the oven dishes at 90 degrees so that when the cycle is finished they are clean but also holding an amount of dirty water. he WILL not have it that they need to be angled there is a word for him but its censored on here so I shall use Twonk instead :D

(yes you can sense that there isn't much harmony and love in our household today)

I'm currently being annoyed by all manner of phone related things...

1. Companies which use 0845 numbers rather than geographical ones. The latter are free for (most) mobiles and included in landline packages. 0845 ones aren't. The protestations that they are 'only' local rate doesn't wash - cost me almost a tenner last time I used one!

2, The fact that mobile companies don't include 0845 and even 0800 numbers in their inclusive minutes. I can see an argument for them not being 'free' - but why not included in the allocated minutes?

3. Mobile phone company customer service - arrrrgghhh! specifically Virgin (at the moment), having been reassured by 3 (yes three) different people that 'when we say unlimited we really do mean unlimited' - it's a tad annoying to discover that they don't mean unlimited at all (and the fair use policy I was repeatedly assured doesn't exist, does actually exist).

4. Junk texts and phone calls. If I dash to the phone to get another 'please listen to this urgent message' recording I shall not be responsible for my actions!

Currently the idiots on the M4 who haven't got their lights on whilst it is bucketing it down with rain and visability is poor !! If I was driving it would be more than minor irration

Also my silly phone that isn't typing as fast as me and pre empting my txt and getting it wrong grrrrr

1. Companies which use 0845 numbers rather than geographical ones. The latter are free for (most) mobiles and included in landline packages. 0845 ones aren't. The protestations that they are 'only' local rate doesn't wash - cost me almost a tenner last time I used one!

2, The fact that mobile companies don't include 0845 and even 0800 numbers in their inclusive minutes. I can see an argument for them not being 'free' - but why not included in the allocated minutes?

3. Mobile phone company customer service - arrrrgghhh! specifically Virgin (at the moment), having been reassured by 3 (yes three) different people that 'when we say unlimited we really do mean unlimited' - it's a tad annoying to discover that they don't mean unlimited at all (and the fair use policy I was repeatedly assured doesn't exist, does actually exist).

4. Junk texts and phone calls. If I dash to the phone to get another 'please listen to this urgent message' recording I shall not be responsible for my actions!

Have you heard of giffgaff? Sadly they don't include 0845 numbers in their inclusive minutes (although they do suggest looking for alternative numbers on 'say no to 0870') but 0800 numbers are free. Also unlimited genuinely DOES mean unlimited on their packages. Might be worth a look?

Have you heard of giffgaff? Sadly they don't include 0845 numbers in their inclusive minutes (although they do suggest looking for alternative numbers on 'say no to 0870') but 0800 numbers are free. Also unlimited genuinely DOES mean unlimited on their packages. Might be worth a look?

I love giffgaff. Wouldn't be suprised if 0845 numbers are added sometime soon, they're constantly updating their packages to make them better and better. Recently had my minutes doubled with no change in price :)

All these washing up annoyances are reminding me of the boys I lived with in halls last year. They seemed to think if they left their dirty dishes in the sink they would be magically cleaned :evil: so annoying as we only had one sink so then the next person to come along would pile their dirty dishes on the side because they couldn't get to the sink. Hoping it will be better in the boy-free flat this year but the dishes are already piling up :roll:

The laundry is and always has been my minor/major gripe.

When I used to work on call all weekend, I would put the washing in at 8am before I left on Saturday morning only to return home on a Monday evening to find the same washing in the machine. Hubby proclaimed the washing machine was too complicated for him (he has an engineering PhD!)

I no longer work the mad on call hours but hubby still can't work the washing machine!

I have heard of them, but don't really know much about them (and their site didn't really help). I'm looking for some kind of unlimited package which they didn't seem to have?

And something recurring - I don't want to have to remember to top up each month

The other important thing is whose network they use? I live in the middle of nowhere and 02 and 3's networks don't reach here (and Vodaphone's is a bit rubbish) . That's the main reason I went with Virgin - but I would dearly love to leave them!

I have heard of them, but don't really know much about them (and their site didn't really help). I'm looking for some kind of unlimited package which they didn't seem to have?

And something recurring - I don't want to have to remember to top up each month

The other important thing is whose network they use? I live in the middle of nowhere and 02 and 3's networks don't reach here (and Vodaphone's is a bit rubbish) . That's the main reason I went with Virgin - but I would dearly love to leave them!

I was about to move to GG when my O2 contract ended, you can set upon auto renewal on their 'bundles' so you don't need to worry about manually renewing. However, as someone else mentioned they do share the O2 network.

Check out TMobile, they have unlimited options and use the same network as Virgin (EE).

In the end I stuck with O2 as they gave me a great deal on a new phone, however their coverage is pants in some areas (eg N Devon as I found out last week).

My current irritation is Japanese ticket agents ONLY selling tickets to Japanese addresses with Japanese credit cards (ie only to residents).

I only wanted to go and see a couple of KISS concerts in Tokyo and had permission from my wife to go....

Pretty sure vendors in the EU would never get away with that, seems overly strict to me. Such a shame, I was looking forward to a trip to one of the safest & friendliest cities in the world.