Ziggy

Yeti - upsetting news- yet again

Cautiously positive news : Yeti is still responding well to treatment, and getting better rather than worse. Vet still says 'keep in mind it's early days and if it is a nasty virus, she could suddenly go downhill again very quickly', but at the moment he says they're happy with her progress. Eating, drinking, alert. Still bad diarrhoea, but they're keeping the fluids going.

I don't dare to be over-optimistic yet (the house feels strangely empty, Charlie is looking for her everywhere :( ) but at least it's not bad news.

Come on little Yeti... you have a good life ahead of you, it's worth fighting for...

Thank you all for your kind support... it's all a bit overwhelming, and I just knew people on here would be supportive... thank you so much!!

Yes - that was a lovely photo of Charlie cuddling her, my 2nd favourite picture :)

Its tough on you Ziggy, I expect you feel so helpless, but the vets will do their best.

Come on little girl, there are so many people you don't even know exist, hoping you'll be OK :pray:

That's positive news, I've got fingers and toes crossed here for you all - you should be having fun with little Yeti-pup, not worrying about her like this.

Come on Yeti, you haven't even STARTED living yet, you've got so much cool stuff to look forward to so keep battling away at this bug and whilst you're doing it, start planning all the mayhem you will cause when you feel better :wink:

Keep us posted ...

Hey everyone,

While we are still told they can't guarantee she's fully safe yet, there is great news, in that she had normal stools this morning instead of profuse watery diarrhoea... the nurse sounded so positive and happy, it was lovely... Yeti is getting the last dose of medication today, and they're taking her off the fluids drip in 18 hours... if she remains happy and perky tomorrow, she can then come home in the evening. Of course if she takes a turn for the worse today or once the drugs/fluid are off, we'll have to take it from there.

Today is my birthday, and I was so, so happy when I heard the nurse's news and positive tone. Never thought a puppy's stools would make such a great birthday present! Talk about organic thinking!!

I don't dare to take it for granted, but I'm really, really hoping our little girl will be back home with us soon and fully recover...

I told the news to OH after talking to vet, then to each my 4 DDs as they got up, and I was quite fine until the last time I re-told the news, when I started sobbing and couldn't stop, much to the consternation of my 15 year old daughter! Good thing I had already told her it was good news or she'd probably have thought the worst had happened.I feel three days of tension suddenly released...

Thank you everyone for your lovely words of support and encouragement... I hope to bring on more good news soon...

Have a great day all,

First thing I've done once the computer was on this morning, is log in to see if there's any news on little Yeti-Pup?

Fingers crossed :pray:

Me too, I am studying but keep having to have a look for an update.

Ziggy that is good news, I hope she continues to improve and you have her back home with you soon.

Such things are very stressful no wonder you had tears. I often think as a mum you are strong and there for everyone else but at times things become to much.

Happy birthday :D

Chrissie

I don't think we know what it is yet... campylobactor came to my mind too, one of my daughters got it when she was small, and it was a big deal for a while, we even got a letter from the NHS to do a survey, as at that time they had had many more cases reported than usual (along the lines of 78 for a usual 10 in the area) and were trying to source the cause.

I will talk to the vets about the cause, but from what I understand they don't know yet. They have concentrated on things like parvo as it is so dangerous. It seems to me that they went straight in for 'treat for everything' as Yeti got so weak so quickly, rather than spend time and money on testing. Personally I would love to know too, but can understand the 'let's now waste time finding out, let's cure everything' theory, considering how listless Yeti got in a matter of hours. Of course I'll talk more to the vets about what could have caused it, and I asked a few questions which they said they would look into (like walnuts?? three walnut trees overlooking the garden and dropping walnut fruit at a rate of 2 per minute), and we are still waiting for the results of the second parvo test (that's one they send off to a lab, takes a while).

My guess is that it will be like most things that ever happened to my daughters... we'll never know for sure.

Hoping for Yeti to keep strong tomorrow off the drugs and fluids... and hoping to have her back home.

Thanks again a million times to you all out there... you're an amazing bunch of people!