Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Continues from **Thread of little facts & things **....2

I'm not sure I enjoy doing it that much! :lol: You can send your coat back to Barbour to be re-waxed, it's £30 which might be better than getting a replacement, even on eBay, especially if you like the style of the one you have now. Keeping legs dry is so important, there's nothing worse than sopping wet jeans between the bottom of your coat and top of your wellies :lol:

I'm a cheapskate, which is why I wax it myself :lol:

:vom:

I picked the apples from our 'eater' tree today, it's only a young tree but we got quite a few from it, especially when we only had one last year. The crab apples will stay out there a bit longer though.

L_B, I think I will ignore the others and keep it, get some wax and sort it out. Not least because it has a detachable furry lining which makes it really snug.

Spent the day at a private zoo and had a really good day :D

Went with Nat (brother) and best friend from my course at Uni... we saw the only Polar bear in the UK, Giraffe, Zebra, Monkeys, Lions, Tiger (and cubs!) ...and had a Camel ride!! :lol:

Was really grumpy yesterday for no particular reason, probably the 4 hours sleep :roll:

Mothers been moaning I don't have a job and am just sitting on my laptop... doing stuff for the youth theatre, which is kind of a job!

Have been looking for full time stuff as really need a job but there's nothing to apply for!

My project for tomorrow is to have some latex balloons printed with our new logo and find an Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat :lol: :lol:

we saw the only Polar bear in the UK,

I think they told you a fib Lewis. As far as I know there is one, possibly two at the Highland Wildlife Park. One was tranfered there from Edinburgh Zoo a while back. Sounds like you had a good time though :)

I do hope you get a job soon. I can understand what your mum means (having been there, done that, got the t-shirt :lol:) but you are so hardworking when the opportunity is available to you. I remember how much farm work you were doing when you were studying. There will be something good for you out there :pray:

Right you are!

I remember when Mercedes the Edinburgh Polar Bear had to be put down so thought Zara was the only one left. Highlands website claims they have the UK's only Polar bears so they must mean on exhibit and the other claim is private zoo! :lol:

Zara was the Polar bear used in The Golden Compass 8)

Found a "Trainee Sales" job selling Poultry (feed, equipment etc) - emailed for more info and was told no graduates or trainees will be considered?! :roll:

Mother found a pest control job - not my ideal going round Chinese takeaways killing cockroackes! :lol:

The country is awash with the creatures :lol:

With regards the job selling feed I would be inclined to approach it from another angle. Yes, you are a graduate but first and foremost you have been working with a large variety of animals, and are very knowledgeable in this area. Also you have lots of experience of meeting many types of people of all ages etc You could mention your farm work, youth theatre etc It may be worth trying :? Good luck :)

Found the first daddy longlegs coming into my kitchen this pm - he went straight back out again pretty smartish with my hand behind him. I hate the long dangly legs - I have a fear of them getting in my hair. Wussy i know!!!! I fear hes one of many - that and the spiders with big gangly legs :anxious: "I;m a wuss get me outta here"

OK, so since when have EGGS been called PoL (point of Lay???!!!

Went to a harvest event at a local manor and one of the farm shop stalls there was selling 'point of lay eggs'; I was trying hard not to laugh, luckily (for her) the woman running the stall was busy talking to someone, as I was keen to ask her what was meant by the phrase.

Felt weird yesterday to post a birthday card to my daughter for the first time. It is her 20th today and she has spent the day promoting the motor sport society at her uni freshers fair.

Will see her on Saturday so nit too bad. :D

It is also my uncle's birthday today and he would have been spending it alone so we took him out for his first ever Chinese meal aged 67. He really enjoyed it. He lived with my grandad until he passed away last October and has adjusted very well to leaving on his own. We couldn't have left him alone today though.