Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

No I didnt is that unusual? My brain is full of other things - back to work tomorrow after a week languishing at home (not) catching up on jobs etc. had a list and havent crossed everything off - typical - YS threw spanner in the works by getting a virus :shameonu: not his fault poor lad - just run him a warm bath for the achey joints. Hes back to being a baby when hes ill (hes 12). My ES is 18 on saturday and expecting people for dinner and tea and am streeeeeeeesssssed. My own fault - will be a supermarket sweep round Tescos throwing nibbles into trolley. Mad ancient aunt who was leaving early now tells me she wont be. :roll: This means I cant get too merry as she will be giving me disapproving looks :shameonu: So why I am on Omlet when I should be baking and cleaning etc - I dont know. The same reason as eveyone else who is on here and not doing summat more constructive :whistle:

Been in wars today. Trying to open tin of polish with knife - 3 cut fingers - bled everywhere. Looked like CSI crime scene with blood splatter :lol: My poor dad was trying to get plasters out and was muttering " you'll bleed to death by the time I've got these :silenced::silenced::silenced: plasters out" Had lovely do for ES of 18 yesterday. Lots of food and far too much alcohol hic. My babys a young man now. :boohoo:

Hope your fingers are a bit better today, Alis girls.

I can just imagine the scene you bleeding everywhere and your Dad doing his best to battle the plasters out of their packets :D

I know what you mean about DSs growing up, we all went out on Saturday night and met at the pub, in walked a man not my little boy!! He is 22 but it is quite a shock to see him all dressed up smart and grown up :D

Chrissie

Thanks PM - fingers ok - rt thumb opened up this am and oozed but kept covered at work so pts cant grumble re germ ridden nurse. :lol: I know when you see your kids all dressed up it brings a lump to your throat. I forgot to add the only reason I was trying to open a tin of beeswax polish as on Saturday evening 2 glasses of sparkling wine got spilled on OH's desk. :shameonu: Not by me - ES's mate and then ES as he was trying to clean up the mess his friend had made :lol: teenage boys - what can you do with 'em.

My son went on his first date tonight :shock: Not sure I am ready for this :( He didn't say who he was meeting when he left for school this morning and then texted me to say he was staying in town for a bit. I will say he did mention yesterday he was going to have a look round town after school one night this week, just didn't think it was tonight! He walked her to her bus and then walked home himself :D Desperate to ask questions it will wait until he feels happy about talking to me about her.

My little girl went to a 16th birthday party on Saturday night; she looked so grown up and glamorous :? not sure I'm ready for that.

Those of you who remember her like this

Rosieinwhitedress-1.jpg

Will have trouble recognising her now...

Rosienov2013_zps4442390c.jpg

She has her moments, but mostly I'm'm proud of her, and it's nice to see her out of sports gear :roll:

Hmmm....

I have on my desk one of those orange flashing lights that you attach to the roof of a vehicle, and plug in to the lighter socket; it's very tempting to try it out.... :think: I might have to go on a jaunt round the estate tomorrow :wink:

It's more fun when the light is blue :wink:

Newsflash, there's a massive fire in Banbury at Oak Cash and Carry, at the top of town. I could hear the police chopper circling for about an hours, and can see a huge plume of smoke from the attic window. There are 15 fire tenders up there, and my firefighter neighbour is involved. There are gas cylinders in the neighbouring building so they've sealed off the area... not worth popping up there for a gander then :roll: