Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

i have to say they'd have a shock if they opened the boot of my banger - umpteen shopping bags, muddy wellies, old child seat (kids are 18 and 12 :whistle: ) an old liquidiser that got missed on dump round and god knows what else. No bodies or valuables.

Today I realised something I have been suspicous of for a while. YS doesnt wash his neck. :shock: His school collars are shocking - grey and grimey - one wear only and muck-eee. He looks like his mum doesnt care, is a slaten, slut, slob all rolled into one - I bet the teachers are discussing his collars at break time. Both my kids were muck magnets. How I long for a girl whos pink and sparkly. I also wonder if the mud on his shirt sleeve means he ran cross country in it - and not in the muddy stiff PE kit which was crisp when I emptied his bag outside as he brings a lot of the country back with him. I fully expect to find a couple of worms and some wild life in there sometimes. hey ho back to the washing machine. :D

I had a bargain-acious morning... went as usual to the local farmers' market, where they also have stalls in the church selling crafts and stuff. there's a 'tat stall' which I usually cast an eye over as I've found a couple of bits on there before and sold them on ebay for a good profit... I got a lovely Brora cashmere cardigan in heather mauve, looks practically new, and a big, sloppy Pure cardigan (also looks new), Alpaca and cashmere in deep chocolate brown.... £15 for the two!!!!!!

8)8)8) They are NOT going on ebay!

Now, if next door's yappy chihuahua would only stop shrieking for just one second, my day would be good.

Send your lurchers round that'll shut it up. Glad you got some bargains to keep you snug.

I was going to start a new thread on why I dont think I shouldve been a mum but it might depress you all and the weathers bad enough without me blathering on.

Anyway - I need to off load sorry folks.

YS 12 is turning into Kevin - all hormones and angst. Told me this week I was a troublemaker - been called some things but not that. :lol: Mainly cos i didnt give into him.

Work wise - had to speak to manager re one of the receptionists who frankly wasnt making life easy and work. At present general Gp practice is tough - more and more is dumped on us Practice Nurses and you need receptionists who use their brains. She came to see me and asked me why I complained - I replied after being at work for 8 hours with only a short break I felt justified in wanting to go home when hometime came. We cleared the air i dont want her to lose her job.

ES - 18 - probs with his love life. Appears g/f seems to want constant reassurance she is gorgeus, desirable and plain bootilicious - listen love I;ve waited 51 yrs to hear that - when you find the secret of this let me and the other female Omleteers know. IMHO men dont notice even if you walked round naked :shock: They had another argument - frankly he needs to pull the plug on this one - exams are more important. And much to my disgust and you will all think what a cow I am I spotted part of the Xmas pressie she gave me in Morrisons ( part of a smellie gift set) £1.99 :shock: and I thought it was a pricey one. I spent 15 quid on this babe whos making my son unhappy. MIL from hell to be - you betcha. My OH roared - and told me off for looking and I told everyone at work I'd had some lovely smellies from her. :whistle:

:lol: I'll put the radio in the kitchen and tune it into Classic FM when I put the dogs to bed, that ought to drown it out.

Hopefully the teens will run out of steam before long. if they continue to run up and down the street shrieking, then i think a few of the other neighbours will have cause to complain... the family on t'other side of them have 2 small kiddies, and they probably had no warning wither.

What a miserable day! Was meant to be going with my parents, my sister and my YD to see my brother in London today, but wouldn't be much fun walking around Columbia flower market in this! Plus my poor dad would have to navigate the motorway and London traffic itself. Ah well, will watch a great game of tennis instead .....or not. Poor Raffa :( Hope he isn't suffering too much.

It is miserable here too Bluekarin.

We should be mending the WIR roof, the storm we had yesterday afternoon ripped some of the roof off, at the moment the hybrid girls are sheltering at the end of the run that still has a roof :D

I can't see OH being very keen to do it in this weather. I have cooked him a nice breakfast bribery no :liar:

Chrissie

I got caught out in yesterday's thunderstorm - 2 miles from home with a terrified dog, hail lashing down. Lovely :roll: Eventually made it home, wet, cold and miserable, soaked to the skin (yes even my undies and socks :shock: ) with a wet, cold and miserable pooch.

Managed to walk this morning before the rain started, but might send OH out this afternoon. Funnily enough, I'm not keen on the idea of a thorough soaking two days in a row :lol:

It really is never ending at the moment..... Rosie told me yesterday that she wasn't going to track training as she had a stonking headache, I asked why her head hurt as she's not prone to headaches, and it turns out that she got a really hard elbow in the temple in basketball on Friday, and felt so dizzy and sick at the time that she had to sit out - it must have been bad as my daughter is a warrior.

She was with her dad at the weekend, she didn't mention it to him in case he went mad :roll::evil: but had bad headaches all weekend! I got home form work yesterday, did all the usual head injury tests and she seemed OK, but I took her into A&E as a precaution/for reassurance. An hour and a half later, she has mild concussion, needs to rest her eyes, so less screen time, but otherwise to continue as she feels able while I keep an eye out for her. :roll:

I could just do with an easy week... is there such a thing?