Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I am on tenterhooks about my garden today.... bit of a long story, so I'll keep it brief.

Next door is owned by a couple who rent it out, the tenants are lovely and do a lot of maintenance on the house and keep it nicely, but quite rightly have been bothering the owner to replace the garden fence as we've both been propping it up with posts for the last two years. I had my side (fence the other side of garden) replaced earlier this year with some very good close-board fencing. Last week, the tenant gave me the heads up that their fence would be replaced today - so far, so good.

She then told me yesterday that the landlord had told the contractors to work from my garden and to take all the materials down the alleyway (on my side) and through my garden; he had not been in contact to discuss this, so at the very least this was presumptuous :evil::roll: I spoke to him yesterday and made it clear that had he even bothered to check with me first, that I would have told him that there was no way that workmen would be tramping all over my already muddy, but newly dug garden.

Rosie gets in before me, so I have asked her to report back to me... I don't think I am being unreasonable in expecting him to replace HIS fence from HIS garden, do you?

Exactly. I have asked him to ensure that there's minimal damage; the tenant is in all day and will watch out for me. I have also made the landlord agree that if there's any damage, he will personally come round to sort it out.... I wouldn't hold my breath though and he's never attended when the tenants have asked him to, although he did recently let himself into the house without previously asking them if it was OK :roll: they went nuclear, so I don't think he will try that again. :lol:

Fingers crossed it's all done without any disruption to your side :pray: .

Some brainless scumbag wrecked our rear windscreen wiper on Saturday night :evil: . It must have required some effort to break it as it was hanging off and bits of metal bent and plastic broken off :evil: . It still works after a fashion, with some duck tape round it but I am so angry. It was parked in our driveway so I can't think why someone would do that. The car is less than 2 years old and I suspect it will cost a fortune to fix :( .

Talking to our alarm maintenance man today about hens as he saw my 2 in their run. He was about 60ish and from Barbados - he asking if they laid much - adv they were more miss than hit at present with moults,weather and egg eating. He said in Barbados often the hens disappeared for days at a time and when they did reappear it was with a brood of chicks. :D No foxes either but mongooses (?) was the worst predator. Wish i could have given him some eggs.

Hello. I am in Trier. There is apparently a carnival happening tomorrow and there are decorations everywhere and lots of crazy costumes being bought. Actually OH bought a clown suit just because.

There always seems to be something going on here. Hoping to visit a museum nearby which is a farm museum with various buildings to go into. Tomorrow's plans also include checking out the carnival, buying sock wool - there is so much sold here I go a little OTT, the colours are so much fun - and eating a schnitzel.

I was chatting to a lovely German lady and she was asking about the floods, it's been quite big news. She was saying that they haven't had a proper winter either, no snow. I'm afraid we spoke in English, my German is still rubbish.

Lovely photos Patsy and nice to have you back. Pottered down to make tea this morning to find in amongst numerous pairs of size 8's and 11 mens shoes a dainty pair of skys"Ooops, word censored!"er heels - probably 6-8 inches. Wow I thought not that I could fit my huge size 8's in them but i could do serious damage in them probably to my back :lol: YS looked at them thoughtfully (i must explain they belonged to ES's girlfriend) and said " has A** become a tranny?" :shock: The idea of my 6foot 1 all male son being a cross dresser was some what far from my mind. Hes all male and likes the ladies. I am also finding getting my head round teen talk an eye opener and can translate most things now. Its like a new language.

I feel aggrieved- little moan!

My wider family, siblings,parents etc are going through bit of a Jeremykyle moment. It has nothing to do with me, is none of my business and quite frankly I'm not interested. I haven't been asked my opinion and I haven't given it- but I am in so much trouble that certain members won't even speak to be. I'm not sure how that happened or why.

I'm good buddies with my sisters but that can't be the reason surely. Maybe I'm being naive.

This seems grossly unfair but I am going to sit in the shadows until it passes. I still think that is best. :D