Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Sorry to hear that PL. I think you're right; leave them to get on with it.

Just had an exhausting day... started early (for a Sunday), then rushed back to walk the dogs, throw a sarnie down my throat, then take Rosie and a bunch of her mates into Oxford for her birthday treat of a Laser Quest session. I borrowed the 7-seater Landrover from work, so they really enjoyed the journey there and back. I think I shall be glad to get to work tomorrow for a rest! :lol:

Yet another message to the local council regarding a hedge growing right over a public, and busy, footpath. I have reported this twice now as have other neighbours and all that happens is a light trim :!: It needs a really hard prune. It is on a corner so hard to see if anyone is coming the other way. People pushing pushchairs a find it difficult as do I pushing my ED in her wheelchair to and from school. Just frustrating :(

Let's hope that they take some action now.

Sad day today, we sold our faithful 25 year old Volvo estate, we bought it 18 and a half years ago when I was expecting DS, I drove my children around in it for years when they were small and it has had all sorts both in it and on the roof rack over the years including a huge TP climbing frame that we moved for the local playgroup without taking it apart. :lol:

We recently inherited my FIL's car when he decided to stop driving, which is a 10 year old car with less than 5000 miles on the clock. This left us with no choice but to get rid of the Volvo somehow, we couldn't bring ourselves to s"Ooops, word censored!" it because it is reliable and in good condition and has done less than 100,000 miles. We have found a nice new young family for her, the dad is a car lover so she is in good hands. :D

Yet another message to the local council regarding a hedge growing right over a public, and busy, footpath. I have reported this twice now as have other neighbours and all that happens is a light trim :!: It needs a really hard prune. It is on a corner so hard to see if anyone is coming the other way. People pushing pushchairs a find it difficult as do I pushing my ED in her wheelchair to and from school. Just frustrating :(

Write to the local paper, with photos of the hedge and folks trying ot get past it - there's nowt like a wee bit of public shaming to get them on their toes :wink:

Can't believe that today is our last Frostbite shoot (archery) of the winter, we take part in a postal league each month from November to March and shoot outdoors whatever the weather is like.

How have we got to March already, the winter seems to have flown by not that I am complaining.

After our final shoot today we all have Sunday lunch at the Golf Club where we have our ground so I am really looking forward to that :D

Chrissie

Sounds like a good day ahead.

We had a 6 hour power cut last night, it was so dark no street lights no glowing clocks, it was lovely, so peaceful, glad I have got double glazing and live 200 yards from the substation though because there were arc lights and generators down there for about 5 of those hours.

If I went down the side where my OH sits, I would probably find enough crumbs to make a cookie to go with that coffee :wink::lol:

I find my teens bedroom floors quite lucrative, we have a rule that if when I come in to find enough carpet to vacuum, I can take any coins that I find lying around.

A very dark little fact.

Ever wondered where the pop group Spandau Ballet got their name from?

There was a prison called Spandau in Berlin and after WW2 when Nazi prisoners were hanged,the twitching of their legs was called 'the spandau ballet'.