Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I wouldn't ANH! I did watch on watch again We Need To Talk About Kevin yesterday morning. I have the book which I have tried to read, and now watching the film, will read. It is a good film. An interesting way to tell a story, which is a sad one. I don't know if you know anything about it, maybe read what it's about just in case you don't like this sort of thing.

We washed & waxed the fleet on Saturday so I was surprised to see that it was very dirty looking. Covered in dust. Apparently it's from the Sahara and settled here. I remember that happening when the Icelandic volcano blew. That was reddish in colour though.

Apparently could be more today with bad air pollution.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Derbyshire visiting Hardwick Hall. That's a lovely place and the guide was very interesting. Mind you, the Peak District in general is very lovely. We bought Bakewell Tart in Bakewell, drove along Snake Pass and visited my sister. I'd be tempted to move there but I'm sure I would miss here even though I moan about it.

OMG - I have been hoovering my 12yrs old room and found a humongous insect. Enormous like a really big fly. No stripes - dont know if its a foreign bug as they tend to be bigger. I am afraid I hoovered it up as if YS saw it he would go off the radar. I think it flew in the open wndow. I hope theres no more. :anxious:

I think it might of been a type of bee as I was in the kitchen and a huge one appeared but had an orange bottom :shock: Put it outside - I am now worrying we have a nest but what sort of bee is bigger than a marble and has an orange bum? No doubt some one beeminded will be along later (sorry re pun!)

I'm not confident Ali's Girls but I think that is a type of solitary bee. There is a surprising variety of those.

Awkward moment- We were lounging on the settee Roman style stuffing pizza (which I'd loaded with extra stilton) knocking back wine and watching TV and I was in my tattiest trackies which are not for public viewing when the replacement bus pulled up outside. Every head on the top deck turned and looked in through the window. I was mortified. I thought the best thing to do was to keep staring at the TV and pretend I hadn't noticed. I was so glad when that bus pulled off.

Maybe there's a reason why people have lace curtains after all.

I really loathe leaving messages on answering machines. I really excelled my self at work - without giving too much away I rang an elderly lady to tell her that her wee sample was free of nasties and would see how she was when I saw her today.

Well she turns up today and we are discussing this and it appears she doesnt have an answering machine. So if anyone in North London got a garbled message from a woman called Ali blathering on about urine - sorry - the lady thought it was hysterical. I may appear in the Daily Wail yet in the disgusting plight of the NHS and the idiots who work in it. :lol:

Saw a lady I know from work ( in the past) who I had advised to see her dentist with iffy symptons. Shes been diagnosed with mouth cancer in hopefully the early stages. Shes my age (52). She thanked me for sending her which made me feel very humble. I hope she can thank me in years to come with the all clear and I'll take her for a drink. Life is so precious. felt quite sad all day.