Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

There was a woodpecker on my peanut feeder this morning. I was so excited to see it.

DD and I did a road trip up to Derbyshire today. Visited with my sister and niece. We all went to Chatsworth House. The house is interesting but the gardens were my favourite. So much variety, we failed to get in the maze, let alone out of it!! I didn't force the issue, I love mazes but my sister hates them.

I think I want to live in Derbyshire.

"Who are you what have you done with my son?" I asked my 13 yr old son. He was not impressed. Hes become a pain - keeps "beatboxing" me - that is making stupid noises with his mouth (like rapping only worse :shock: ) tickles me while I cook and comes in and says "whens dinner" at least 50 times. Then when dinner s been eaten he says "I'm hungry" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just having a rant really - please feel free to ignore me! ... I went out with my oldest friend for a meal and a natter on Friday night. She went through a really rough patch last year, I hope I supported and helped her (practically and emotionally). I tried to talk to her when we met about things not being great for me at the moment, how I'd like to find a different job (until recently she did exactly the same job, for a different employer, so is well aware of the pressure that comes with it) etc etc. All she said was, "well if you're still doing the same job, you can't be that unhappy" - I was stunned. She has a husband so there are two incomes in her house, I live alone so am totally self reliant financially - whilst I'd love to find another job (and accept there'd be a hefty pay cut to go with it) it's not quite that simple. I was just a bit taken aback by her response ... sorry, rant over ... :cry:

Sorry to hear your're not happy jobwise Bramble. I can relate - I stayed in my last post a long time and frankly you lose confidence - you will find the right time. For me it was when one nurse a temp walked out after probs with payment and the other gave in her notice. This pushed me to take stock - at 52 I didnt want to stay till I retired. I found a new post (has its moments but I have 2 lovely work colleagues) and I left. My confidence was rock bottom - I felt for about 6 months that I'd made wrong decision - however OH reminds me what I left.

Bide your time - the right time will come and you'll just know - keep looking and confide in the ladies and gents on here. People do forget sometimes the support you give - if you feel able remind her - if not rant away on forum we all do it -and grit your teeth - good luck and hugs Ali x

Thank you Ali, very much, for your post.

I am sort of trying to retrain in my spare time so I can maybe look at going into horticulture in a few years - my friend is aware of this, but clearly has forgotten. Still astounded by what she said, though clearly she doesn't have a clue she's upset me.

Thank goodness for the Omlet Forum!

You're welcome Bramble. I am sure you will find the right time to move into something more rewarding. We will know where to come for horticultural help. And as for the friend - probably time to do a rethink on her or tell her. Not easy. Good luck

I was told they were't suitable for me - longsighted and need specs for computer and reading. So I wear specs which make look intelligent :roll: but if I look at myself in the mirror i can see my wrinkles :shock: How do you put a contact lens in inside out - I thought they were curved?

I went back to Aber yesterday for a chicken course which went really well.

Expected the weather to be awful but we had glorious sunshine all day! 8)

I was driving home through Shrewsbury at about 9pm and decided to drive past JooJoo's house, she was in so I called in unannounced and ended up staying for nearly 2 hours! :D

Spent today at rehearsals for our next youth theatre show then at my nans with all the family as my brother is off travelling to South East Asia for 2 months, as of Tuesday.

Pretty good weekend :D

I was told they were't suitable for me - longsighted and need specs for computer and reading. So I wear specs which make look intelligent :roll: but if I look at myself in the mirror i can see my wrinkles :shock: How do you put a contact lens in inside out - I thought they were curved?

Don't know why I'm trying them, really, I guess it's curiosity and part of my apparently ongoing mid-life crisis :oops::anxious:

The lenses I have are daily disposable so very soft and squidgy, it seems quite easy to turn them inside out. I wore them for a few hours on Friday, right eye absolutely fine, left eye more uncomfortable and I had the same problem yesterday - maybe it's cos it still takes me ages to put them in? I don't know, I'm getting too old for all this palaver :oops:

Hi Bramble I think friends come in two categories the users(I don't think it is in any way intentional ) they just like to offload on you but themselves are not good listeners or support in times of need and the givers who like you go the extra mile to help and support,and are there in return.I just think you need to know who is what and accept them and keep them as friends. Ha ha Alis girls never mind the wrinkles when you have glasses on,I had mine,reading on,after I had cleaned the kitchen.I thought it was spotless until I put glasses on.

THanks DM, we do still text, I'm just not as "chatty" with her as I would normally be ...

As you say, I suspect she has no idea whatsoever of the effect her remark has had, I'm probably just being way too sensitive

Friendships are just too hard, sometimes ... :anxious:

Seven months after submitting the documents ATOS have finally phoned. Sadly my daughter is at school, seeing as she is 16 and is in 6th form :roll: I am absolutely dreading her going through one of their appointments. Have read lots of horror stories on the Facebook page to do with her condition. I just hope they are fair and once they agree she is disabled, she can get going with her provisional driving licence application.

Honestly last night I cooked a Tangine from scratch with rice and raitia (yoghurt and cucumber thing) and served with mango chutney. OH says " nice chutney love" - now theres several things wrong with this. 1 Its the only thing I didnt cook

2 he should know that 3 its teaching the boys not to appreciate mums home cooking. And 4 - this makes me cross :twisted: Today being a Wed I do a late shift so I cook at lunchtime for us. I got some frozen Moussaka out to reheat an served with a nice salad. No comments were made ( he darent) but when I asked if were ok he said " oh yes its lovely"

Morale - guys appreciate home cooking and dont praise anything the missus has not made from scratch - you've been warned. :shock:

That reminds me of a tale I was told about my OH's grandad. He was coming home from the war and everyone had pooled their rations to make a grand roast meal for a home coming celebration. The Ladies were very proud that they had a roast joint of meat and all the trimmings. Apparently he ate up, sat back and "nice gravy".

It's become a bit of a family thing at Christmas and so on for family to say to whoever is the host "Mmmm. Nice gravy".