Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Had a wonderful time up West. got out of tube and needed to cross Oxford Street but the whole street cordonned off for Gay Pride march. We were only allowed to cross at certain points so my friend says "run " and hares off to beat the march and cross over. Ever tried running in new heels - that and trying to follow my mates pink brolly when there are lots of pink brollies for some reason :think: lovely tea - finger sandwiches and cakes at the Wallace collection tea rooms. Highly recommended. We had a riotus time.

Glad you had a great time Alisgirls. OH policed that a few times, once when he was in Traffic and was at the front on his motorbike in his leathers and was covered in glitter (long story)

We had a much more sombre evening. We all decided to watch Conspiracy, the TV movie about the meeting at Wannsee to make plans for the holocaust. The entire film is set around a table while men discuss how to deal with the 'problem'. It is the most chilling film, horrific and gripping. The acting is superb. It gives you lots to think about.

Any photos Patsy of OH in his glitter? It certainly added a colourful note to the afternoon. I think I spotted Conchita (Eurovision) dressed to the nines sauntering a long. Couldnt get near to get photos.

We decided we dont use London enough. One child going to uni this Sept another is 13 and we have decided to get out of Mill Hill more. I found a lot of the girls I was with yesterday are home birds - the one turning 50 is the only one who holidays a lot (higher budget than the rest of us) . Another woman whose daughter is in 6th form and is the same age as my ES had a late baby in her 40's. So shes got 20 and 30 somethings with a 5 year old. So Patsy if you can recommend anything for a couple of nifty fifty somethings please do. I would recommend the Wallace Collection - lots of lovely pots and paintings (many hunting scenes- very gory) and a lovely tea place - not cheap but nice for a treat. My friend who is a primary school headmistress got told off for touching a bit of pottery. :shameonu: Hysterical when you think she would be telling her charges not to touch. :lol:

Alisgirls, I think you and your mates would love the Museum of London. It is my absolute favourite museum. It's less technical than many museums and is rich in the domestic lives of Londoners through from pre-history to modern day. You would especially appreciate the Georgian Dr's kitbag. I like the wooden dentures. It has a lovely Victorian street with all sorts of shops to look in.

You may already know it but if not it's a sumptuous treat.

Don't forget to do a Dickins Pub Crawl. I've done a Dickins walk with one pub visit but apparently some visit several pubs.

My absolutely most favourite day out is to walk along the Southbank. I've mentioned that before I know, sorry for repetition.

It's a fantastic walk with history, views and lots of places to eat and drink. I really like the Wahaca which is made out of iso containers. A fun but busy place to catch a bite.

Sadly, no photo of OH.

How many years since you've done a boat trip to Greenwich? Very touristy but fun.

I used to live down near the museum of London but it wasnt there then. I will look into all that and the mexican restaurant. Few years since done Greenwich - might do again. Thanks Patsy _ I do fancy a Jack the Ripper tour too. My friend live on the street in the 80's where many murders took place.

YS is in Hungary on holiday. He keeps in touch through Facebook when he has WiFi. Just told me that one of his friends got lost after a night out and didn't turn up till midday the next day :shock: . Also lost his wallet and watch. The others were out looking for him all night.

They only arrived there on Saturday so wouldn't have known their way around - poor boy must've have been scared stiff :( .

Wish I hadnt read this as ES is off to zante tommorrow. He can be very sensible and then he'll have a blip and be stupid. Whilst sorting bits with him I asked if he wanted to take T bags? Now we all know T bags cost a fortune abroad but he said scornfully "what do i want T bags for?" :doh: "its gonna be hot" - okay no T bags then. Hes nut allergic so hes armed with epipens and Cetrizine an explanation in English and Greek and a first aid kit Holby city would be proud of. My friends sons in Amsterdam and shes over eating she so stressed. What are we like. :roll:

I'm in France! Last minute we decided on a quick 24hrs trip. We are in a town called Montreuil sur Mer. There is no mer, in fact, no where near the mer but it has cobbled streets and ramparts. It's lovely. I will take lots of photos. We have a view across a square with an Abbaye. A Room with a View.

My daughter has applied for PIP as she has a chronic pain condition which affects her mobility, and she needs it if she is ever going to be able to drive a car (she'd need an adapted one with hand controls). She has an appointment to see a healthcare professional to discuss her application. Frankly, I am scared of what they might put her through :( Heard such nightmares about other peoples experiences. Just hoping they are all exaggerated :anxious:

I managed to snap something in my foot 8 hours before flying to Greece, a couple years ago - luckily it wasn't too bad but I was in a wheelchair for the holiday! :roll::lol:

Had an awesome week at Glastonbury - went down last Tuesday and got back on Monday.

Some mornings we didn't get to sleep til 8am so couldn't wait for a shower and my own clean bed without having to sleep in a sweaty hot tent :silenced:

Then I've been on placement at a fantastic referral veterinary centre this week - the facilities are amazing so I watched MRI and CT scans on dogs today, helped x-ray some dogs before osteo operations etc. Has been really good so far so looking forward to the rest of the week.

Its been long days 8-7pm so I'm still feeling pretty sleep deprived and should already be asleep now!

Well that was an epic day! ED went to the open day at Cambridge with school. Had to be at her school by 6.15am so we have been up since 5.30am. The journey home, the coach, 20 mins from Cambridge, then got caught up with the traffic after a lorry went over on the M11 spilling its load of glue. After 4 hours, they were eventually allowed to get back towards Cambridge and head back west a different way. Finally had dinner at Fleet at gone 11pm and she is now home, having a shower and a cup of warm milk and honey is waiting for her. I think it is safe to say she won't be going to school tomorrow :notalk: For those that don't know, she has a chronic pain condition and today has been extremely hard on her, and not me being a soft mum by letting her stay home :wink: 8 hours trying to get home on a coach in the heat today is enough for anyone.

Talking of traffic tailbacks - there was a total gridlock in Banbury last night in the rush hour... a lorryload of hay had caught fire and was just under the flyover on the M40 junction :shock: Footage here (you'll have to bear with the adverts) it was pretty alarming by all accounts, especially as the roundabout above the fire was still open.

Has anyone noticed the photo of a woman in a pink spotty dress is the same shade as the Eglu in the picture.? Apologies if this has been aire before. I dont possess a green frock to match my Eglu as green isnt my colour. I am impressed that chicken owners are colour co-ordinating chuck houses and frocks. Oh my - need to get out more

I am annoyed...

I bought Rosie a pair of sandals form Topshop, online; they are too big for her so need to be returned. I hung on to return them when I go to Stratford on Avon tomorrow as that's our nearest store (20 miles away) and saves faffing around with couriers etc. Luckily I phoned the store today to check where they are, and it turns out that they are an 'inset store', so can't accept certain items for refund, and can't take them back.

Having waited to return them to Stratford (store returns within 1 month) it is now past the 2 week deadline to return them online :roll: I can't get hold of their customer services on the phone as there seems to be an interminable queue, so I have emailed them... best part of half an hour wasted sorting that out!

I was annoyed today. Horrible bus driver. We saw a young woman running like the clappers for the bus. She was wearing a pretty blue dress and flat pumps, hair flying behind, legs all over the place and looked cute like an out of control foal. He sat there for ages and just as she reached the bus he pulled off. She looked so despondent, we would have offered her a lift but you can't really do that these days. I felt a bit violent towards him tbh.

YS reminded me of this

Watch "How can he still sleep well?" on YouTube

How can he still sleep well?: link

YD found some old photos last night of the first few years that OH and I were together, bit of a trip down memory lane, scary to realise that I was the same age as my ED in some of them. :shock:

She has spent this evening looking at others and at picture of her when she was a baby. :D these photos have never been put into albums, no time, the last ones in albums are of DS and ED when they were about 1 & 4 :oops: they are now 18 and nearly 21. :roll:

My dad was hanging a picture on the wall earlier today. He only managed to put the screw straight through the downstairs socket ring main! Thankfully the RCD tripped so no one was electrocuted! But the downside was that the power was off for the entire house. Fixed now though!