Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Congrats ANH - love the casual run up Snowdon :lol:

Just back from a week in Dubai with friends! :D

Had an amazing time seeing all the sights and after not really liking it the first day because of the obvious wealth gap and controversies, once we took it for what it is, I loved the city and would definitely go back if I get the chance.

The Mall of Dubai was amazing with a 10 million litre aquarium in the middle of it, a theme park, ice rink - it's like a city! Dubai Museum was also really interesting, as they don't really have that long a history as a city so it was interesting to see how its grown from a small port to what it is today.

We didn't actually spend that much while we were there as a full meal could be 40 dirham (£6.50) and the flights were a bargain as we went with a budget airline via Romania, then back from Dubai to Bulgaria was only €20!

Rude awakening today to cat horking up her breakfast on the floor next to the bed :vom: thankfully its wood so easily cleaned up. :D Felt tearful today - next Sunday will be the last lunch together as a family for a while as son off to uni week after. Family are away so dont think we can have farewell do. Feel deflated somehow. I am sure I'm not alone - I know my friend is feeling the same - she showed me all the bits collected for her son today, we had a laugh at the fact most of it we have got similar. great minds think alike.

Chin up, he will have a great time. :D

We are now down to a family of three, DS in Scotland and ED left for a holiday on the Isle of Wight yesterday then she is back to uni. I won't see ED for her 21st in a couple of weeks and didn't see her last year for her birthday either because it always falls in freshers week and she is involved in promoting a couple of the societies.

If they are happy you will be too, it is weird when they first go, but you soon get used to it.

I've really enjoyed our uni visits, but we have only done two together (ED has done 3) We will be doing some more when places get offered. We are now at the early application phase as she is looking at Cambridge and you have to apply by Oct. I am not looking forward to this time next year. There will be lots of tears......from me :cry:

Joys of getting old - last night scrolling thro the Tv channels trying to find something scintillating to watch and I found something an hour long - murder mystery - great I thought - just right before bedtime - put info on and read the write up and the first word said "Herpes" :shock: I was bit taken aback as couldnt see what this had to do with murder - peered closely at the screen and realised it actually said "Heroes" :lol: And i've got new specs.

On a lighter note a lovely 93 yr old lady came for ear syringe today and said " oh but you're a young thing" - yaaahay - 52 and called young. Could've skipped round the room but backs bad. I was going to suggest and eye check to her. :lol:

Still feeling wobbly - little things set me off like my sons toy bunny now stuffed down the side of the bed - it went into hospital many a time with him when he was little and is hand knitted - frankly not a pretty toy - needs washing but not sure whether to put in the suitcase for him . OH thought I was mad :lol: i know I'll get used to it and have YS for cuddles etc (when the mood takes him) - a friend has her last baby going to uni and I know she must be feeling worse. We mums are a funny bunch.

I would leave the bunny at home, both of my uni children gave left their favourite cuddlies at home for fear of losing them. It is sad to see them sitting in their rooms though :roll:

Edited to say that my DS would have loved to have taken his real fish though :lol: he win it at the fair nearly three years ago and has taken good care of it. He took his rather phallic cactus instead and a peace lily. Fish is going to live with our other three fish in the garden pond when we get around to releasing him.

Had a letter from my ED school today. Despite the constant pain she is in, she has done incredibly well in her AS levels this year, being one of 5 in her school, who got 6 As and she is being rewarded at their annual speech day with two prizes :D Very, very proud of her. We get the sit in reserved seats in the cathedral to watch the proceedings :D

Still feeling wobbly - little things set me off like my sons toy bunny now stuffed down the side of the bed - it went into hospital many a time with him when he was little and is hand knitted - frankly not a pretty toy - needs washing but not sure whether to put in the suitcase for him . OH thought I was mad :lol: i know I'll get used to it and have YS for cuddles etc (when the mood takes him) - a friend has her last baby going to uni and I know she must be feeling worse. We mums are a funny bunch.

Know exactly how you are feeling, my son went Saturday :(. It's so quiet around the house

Congrats ANH - love the casual run up Snowdon :lol:

Just back from a week in Dubai with friends! :D

Had an amazing time seeing all the sights and after not really liking it the first day because of the obvious wealth gap and controversies, once we took it for what it is, I loved the city and would definitely go back if I get the chance.

The Mall of Dubai was amazing with a 10 million litre aquarium in the middle of it, a theme park, ice rink - it's like a city! Dubai Museum was also really interesting, as they don't really have that long a history as a city so it was interesting to see how its grown from a small port to what it is today.

We didn't actually spend that much while we were there as a full meal could be 40 dirham (£6.50) and the flights were a bargain as we went with a budget airline via Romania, then back from Dubai to Bulgaria was only €20!

Where should I be looking to find these cheap flights. I have family living in Dubai and would love to visit more often but this is more difficult because of the costs involved in getting out there

I opened up the drunk cell last night.

I am all for my kids getting a bit merry when they go out but while they live with us I am strict about drunkeness.

Last night was YS's leaving do and when he got back I can categorically state

His eyes were glazed

His speech was slurred

He smelt of intoxicating liquor

He was drunk!

Basically, I don't allow them to sleep in the house as such. I make up a cosy bed in the laundry room. It is tiled, next to the loo and a sink. I figure that if they are drunk enough to accept it then it's a good decision. :lol: