Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Getting more of the kitchen fitted today, yesterday's 9.30 start turned into 3pm :roll: but the chaps are nice, working really hard and not at all into banter( nod to AlisGirls' thread) BUT why does it have to be Kiss FM and why does it have to be so loud? I hate all that electronic warbly r&b and hiphop stuff.

I'm going for a kind of fifties American Diner style kitchen, I think it will work ok. Lots of red, chrome, black&white tiles and a couple of neon signs.

So far so good. My kitchen is really tiny but looks so much bigger. I wasn't sure if the area to sit with cupboards under would work but it does. The photo doesn't show it well. The shelves in the alcove were a gift from the fitter who thought it was a good way to use leftovers. I can't wait to see it finished but phase two is going to take a lot longer.

IMG_2014102239116_zps9zp1iznt.jpg

Some people.... I have been ebaying some things for my dad, among them a couple of old crystal decanters; one of them was sold to a chap a few weeks ago... he didn't pay despite numerous reminders, so I opened an unpaid item case and duly relisted it after the case was closed. I see that the plonker is now bidding on the same item :roll: I have just blocked him as a bidder and sent him a message to the effect that I have no intention of selling to him again unless he can guarantee that he will pay.

What an eejit - he could at least have contacted me to apologise and assure that he will pay this time.

Hi Lewis. I think it's purely social and he's meeting friends from his army/BASE jumping days. Neither of which he does now thank goodness. He's in between seasons in Japan and grabbed a chance to go back. He likes it there too.

The kitchen is great, still got tiling and so on to do but I love it. Except that I keep going to get things from cupboards that don't exist now. Quite surprised how much roomier it feels. It's got less storage but is more functional, tbh I was storing loads of stuff I didn't ever use.

Congratulations. Just remember that children aren't as bright as dogs and are harder to train.

That made me smile, yesterday I picked up littlest granddaughter from nursery and had her until DD got back late evening.

GD is 18 months and is definitely tricky at times she was not impressed that I would not let her walk around with a pencil and paper to colour, sit at the table yes, walk around no :D

DD sings and dances with a group, they had been invited to a Garden Centre in Leicester to sing, would you believe Christmas songs and carols and Santa was there too. It is not even November yet :shock::shock:

Chrissie

Had a great afternoon clearing the tomatoes from the greenhouse and taking out the juniper that has caused disease in my pear tree. Brown bin full, excercise done, cup of tea in hand. :D it has been largely really sunny but I did get a bit wet in one shower but I was quite hot at the time so didn't mind

Did the juniper have any berries - you could use them in cooking :D

We are back in our house in the UK and today I walked into our local town. I met an old chap who was born on our road and we had a lovely chat about gardening, and our old cottages and he told me that years ago somebody who lived in our cottage used to be a naturist :shock: which must have been most unusual in the 1950s in a rural area, then his retriever came to say hello and give me a good licking. I then called out to the local psycho cat who heard me, waited for me, treated me a very prolonged purring and head butting (most unlike him) and then when I went to leave his wound his claws round my leg and bit me (no change there then :roll: ). In town I had an interesting chat with a man selling antiques and books, I've discovered how to clean my brass and copper, and then I spent 10 minutes with a shopkeeper who has won me over about the washing qualities of baby alpaca wool and another 10 minutes with somebody selling British designed goods - I now know how you are supposed to use a boot rack :D

Its very nice to be home for a bit :D

I'm glad too Patsy - a friends OH went twice (in TA's) and thankfully came back ok. Their marriage suffered a bit as he was changed but never talked about what her saw. The Poppy appeal - has stick on poppies - I cant be the only one who's scratched herself with the pin :shock: Got YS a wrist band -great idea to appeal to the young. Anyone seen the Tower poppies? I'd like to get down before they are removed.

Our village knitted poppies this year for people to wear - I think this must have been happening all over Britain as I saw something about it on Countryfile last week. Much easier to deal with a safety pin than one of those stabby pins! We also had an Army parade through our village as we have an army base, which was very moving.