Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I've got a nice picture I want to use for my avatar but nothing I try seems to work. I'm getting quite frustrated and don't understand why posting pictures on this site is so fiddly especially the avatar.

It says it's the wrong number of pixels or the url is wrong but I think they are right.

Screamy moment done - I'll persevere.

My ED has got an interview with Cambridge uni :dance: It's not till 9th Dec, but actually not that far away. She is so happy about it as I think she was getting worried she might not get one (a friend who has applied for the same course had heard already). Looking good for getting one for Imperial College too :pray: So very very proud of her :D

Anyone noticed the pink Eglu on the snow with the kids and hens has a lovely fuschia in background in full bloom. I was thinking how clean and slush free it looked :mrgreen:

Did anyone watch the programme on Sunday night called "Remember me" with Michael Palin in it. Found it strange an old person so keen to go into a home. My elderly dad was staying and watched with me and said "its a bit grim isnt it?"

Dad who has mild vascular dementia was in good form. We played 3 games of scrabble as the weather was pants. He was very keen to use a few German words learnt in his time in the RAF. Absolutely not allowed - he won one game so was happy with that. :D

Anyone noticed the pink Eglu on the snow with the kids and hens has a lovely fuschia in background in full bloom. I was thinking how clean and slush free it looked :mrgreen:

Yeah I noticed they were all taken over summer, no snow on the ground etc - very cleverly done though! :D

I was very cross this morning - I know charities have a tough time - my OH works for 2. I was entering our Tescos and an elderly man working for the local food bank practically rugby tackled me to the ground to give me a leaflet about buying 2 extra bits to donate. OH and I regularly donate to cancer charities (breast and ovarian in memory of our mums) kid, animals, elderly red cross, heart - you get my drift. But I hate agressive tactics. We arent well off, work and play hard. The area I shop isnt the richest in outer London. However it aint the poorest judging with all the alcohol, fags and junk in peoples trollies. I overheard an able bodied young woman in her 20's whining about having to sign on - answer get a job love. Oh I am becoming an old bat - I didnt contribute and wont. I did give some money to the young air cadet bag packing as my sons did it for cubs (and hated it as people were rude) and thanked her - asked her not to squash my eggs and grapes and she didnt. Sorry to moan. :shameonu: