Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. Because it thought it was a pheasant :roll:

I can't believe that number if suicidal pheasants around here at the moment; they obviously escaped all the local shoots, which have now mostly finished.

Same here - thing is, pheasants have wings and can fly so why WALK (or in their case saunter leisurely, changing their mind about direction half way) across the road?

Then of course, you see one and you know there's at least one more going to follow it. They really are dim!

Once almost ran a pheasant over.... On my bicycle! The daft thing just kept running in front of my wheel... :wall:

Up early to do the birds this morning before going skiing with my classmates; I'm looking after my little Kestrel as well as the Goshawk on my own this weekend!

As long as it's not too cold they're perched out most of the day and the Goshawk is fed twice a day.

Must get some photos in the snow and make a thread :D

I guess it is pretty cool; living in Slovakia 2000km can be tough but it also offers so much that the UK universities can't.

I'm always on instagram though rarely post photos (I also have a separate one for my diet blog so post lots more on there) but have uploaded a video and photo from skiing :D

Whats happened to the lovely kitten you were photographed with last year Lewis?

I have decided some supermarkets are ageist. Trying to buy "80" paper serviettes for dads birthday tea today. Only go up to 60 - they hadnt run out - so a an ageing population when you get above 60 you dont exist well in this well known supermarkets eyes anyway. i settled on Happy Birthday ones in the end. Shame on you .......

Gizmo? He became Giz, then Gaz, then Gary :lol:

He was only staying with me for a few weeks ...but he's still here ;)

Had all his vaccinations done and he's been castrated. I don't like cats but fallen in love with him and can't rehome him so hopefully taking him home for summer and bringing him back with me next year :D

That last post should have said 2000km away from home, not an altitude :shock::lol:

Whats happened to the lovely kitten you were photographed with last year Lewis?

I have decided some supermarkets are ageist. Trying to buy "80" paper serviettes for dads birthday tea today. Only go up to 60 - they hadnt run out - so a an ageing population when you get above 60 you dont exist well in this well known supermarkets eyes anyway. i settled on Happy Birthday ones in the end. Shame on you .......

My mum turned 80 last year - I got all of the 80 "stuff" from ebay, as you say, the shops didn't seem to have much - not even cards really and couldn't get 80 wrapping paper anywhere (not even on ebay!) - had to make my own!

Kicking my heels at Heathrow this morning. MS is off to Montreal for no particular reason other than itchy feet. It's minus something horrible there. Terminal two is very nice and I liked the toilets. We like to have breakfast there if poss although the car park fees are horrendous - add £10.50 !! for less than two hours. Watching the planes take off inspired me to go to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich - sounds like a plan.

I liked this busy little corner of Heathrow.

IMG_2015021236383_zpssmaa9opj.jpg

If you do go to Munich then I'd really recommend going to a place called Freising which is only about 20 miles away and on a train line. It has the oldest brewery in the world (Weihenstephan) and I'm sure the brewery tap is excellent as it looks brilliant on the website. Unfortunately we were only there for one night and arrived late. We stayed in a hotel with a bar/restaurant which served beer from the brewery and so we wimped out of the walk and guzzled our beer with the locals in the bar. I am not really a beer drinker but it was 100% delicious (we were drinking wheat beer). My companions (I sound like a food reviewer in a local rag :lol: )who are much more into their beer than me rated it as the gold standard during our holiday which all other beers failed to live up to :D

Tonsilitis - yuck. So painful. Wish him well.

Daphne - thank you for that information. Very interesting ! I shall check that out. Apparently the Hofbrauhaus has become very touristy and lost some of it's atmosphere.

Lewis - he is having an interesting and fun time. More French than he realised but he's enjoying the difference ! It's very cold there.