Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I think that sometimes people just do things because they are 'easier' rather than what's good for the child. There's a child in my street, he's 6, and is still pushed to school in a buggy because his mum doesn't want to 'waste time going at his speed' :roll: I used to get up earlier so that I codul enjoy the walk to school at Rosie's pace.

I'm glad for you Fred. I hate being cold and knowing there's no hot bubbly bath to look forward to. First world problems I know but if we don't appreciate what we have then it's wasted.

ES is living in Hokkaido in what is basically a shack. It has a wood burning stove but no hot water - at all! We try to be supportive by sending lots of thermal clothing. His girlfriend is visiting and has opted for a hotel room - I like her thinking.

ED has still not heard anything, bar a request for her UMS a month or so ago, from her top uni choice Imperial College London :( Lots of her class mates have had interviews and their offers rejections but not her. She hasn't heard from Durham either and that's her second choice. I hate this waiting game, and so want to contact the unis but have heard this is a bad thing to do. She has two conditional offers from Bristol and Surrey. Hope she hears soon as March is looming and they tend to finish interviews by then :pray:

Another ebay rant - a buyer placed the only bid on an item I was selling about half an hour before the auction ended on Friday night. I waited for payment, and waited ... and waited ... it's now Monday afternoon and I'm still waiting. I've looked back on the bidder's feedback, although it's 100% positive, actually reading some of the entries there are at least half a dozen entries over the last year saying the buyer didn't pay - how many times does someone not have to pay before they get kicked off Ebay? I've started to leave feedback for a bidder who doesn't pay now by saying "Negative Feedback - Buyer didn't pay - case opened via Ebay" - it helps other sellers if they care to look - it's not quite the same as leaving negative feedback as we can't leave negative feedback as such for a buyer, but I've found it helpful in this case that others have said the bidder didn't pay.

Interestingly, I see we only have to wait two days (I'm sure it used to be four?) before opening a case for non-payment now - do you think it's too early? I have sent the bidder two invoices as asked him/her to get in touch if there is a problem.

Just a quick bit of praise for Homestead Farm Supplies.

I ordered some Nettex Ground Sanitising Powder from them a little while ago, and it never turned up. I thought that probably I'd just have to suck it up and buy some more, but when I emailed them they were brilliant and have sent me a replacement.

I would recommend them.

Just a quick bit of praise for Homestead Farm Supplies.

I ordered some Nettex Ground Sanitising Powder from them a little while ago, and it never turned up. I thought that probably I'd just have to suck it up and buy some more, but when I emailed them they were brilliant and have sent me a replacement.

I would recommend them.

Is that the Homestead near me, in Marston St Lawrence? I know them well - lovely folks.

Another eBay moan, though maybe not the sellers fault... I ordered a HD Sports Camera (similar to GoPro) to take skiing this weekend. Waited three weeks for it to be delivered then got a note today saying the buyer had filled in incorrect duty information so I had to pay £15 to get it back from customs... Quite a lot for a £40 camera, especially as a student! :roll:

At least I have it in time for skiing I guess.

On a similar note (and probably why I'm a poor student), I bought myself a pair of skis, ski boots and poles on Friday! :D

The skis should have been 79€, ski boots 65€ and poles 10€ and the guy in the shop said he would do the whole lot for €110, equivalent to £85. Hire is €28 a day and as my friends are coming for 3 days it makes sense to buy, especially as I'll be here for 4 years!

Went out to the slopes all day Saturday and love them; only spent €11 on the ski pass for the day!

blogger-image--1377212289.jpg

Oh dear - need to wear my glasses more often - YS 13 did rugby today - came back a muddy mess. His thermal skin plus kit got put in the washing machine pronto - taking them out I realised the skin was one of my t shirts complete with dainty buttons. I now have a cross dressing son. :lol: