Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I have a mental picture of you, surgical gown on, preparing to operate on a bee :lol:

At the weekend we saw 2 wild baby boar, standing at the side of the road, up a mountain, all gingery and striped. They were the cutest things ever 8)

Well done Lewis and good luck with the rest of the exams.

Last week I saw a fox on the grass verge, it was stationary, I think it was waiting to pounce on something and a group of deer crossing a road in front of us. On both occasions I had two granddaughters with me so we had a good view of both.

Chrissie

Jays are the bane of my life at the moment.

They're nesting all over campus and if anyone walks past with a dog they get dive bombed and poo'd on but its even worse if you're trying to free fly a Harris Hawk 'cos they go for us and the birds, to the point where there's nowhere to fly them without getting covered :evil::evil:

DM, for Red Kite you need to go to Aberystwyth

It won't be long until you have Red Kites, DM, saw four on my route to work this morning - which isn't uncommon - I wasn't looking for them, they were just there! I know they are also on the outskirts of Oxford which can't be that far from you!

Do ladybirds bite? I was putting some washing out and something flew onto my eye. It was resting on my top lashes and I am so glad I wear mascara as it didnt go into the eye. My first impulse was to panic but I managed to get it out and could feel tingling under the eye itself. Took an antihistamine and OH had a look and couldnt see any thing amiss. I am sure it was a ladybird. I hate flies going in the eye very painful.

It's definitely summer - I'm sitting out in the garden with a glass of wine and wearing my wellies and a cardi.

MS said something funny today - he's a trucker and said he likes to get settled and driving in his truck by 10am so that he can listen to Women's Hour. That just struck me as quite funny.

It was pushing 29oC here this week, awesome sunny days followed by tropical lightning storms of an evening 8)

I've been stuck inside revising though :roll:

I stayed up until 5am revising this morning and got a B in General Microbiology today but failed Genetics on Wednesday. I knew my questions but most of our exams are oral and the lecturer is a challenge to say the least, caught me out on one little detail so have to retake in July. Over half the class failed the first time, just inconvenient to come back for one exam :(