Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Much cheaper to fly although you do have to able to get to the airport first. My DS flies from Bristol which is about 50 miles from us but has good train and bus links. It always seems daft to go 50 miles in the wrong direction but the journey is quicker and more interesting and is just over half the cost of the direct train. This even takes into account the transfers at each end, he has another 50 mile journey to St Andrews once he gets to Edinburgh.

I had a great day today. I volunteered to help go through boxes and boxes of books from a library that needs to be reorganised. Some of the books were fascinating and some were utterly boring. When I'm in the right frame of mind I can spend hours tidying and catalogueing stuff and today I was in the right frame of mind. An added extra it was near the top of a tall building with views right across London. Definitely taking my camera when I go back.

Sounds right up my street :D

We had a great day yesterday at ED's graduation in Bristol, can't believe that it is three years since she first went. It was lovely to spend the day with her, we went for a relaxed lunch with her and the. The ceremony which was very well done and not too long winded considering the 350 or so law graduate names to be read out. I didn't envy the chancellor her job because there were an enormous number of Far Eastern names, she must have practiced in advance. ED said that you could submit a pronunciation guide in advance.

When you have three children it is so nice from time to time just to spend a whole day with just one of them, it was very much her well earned day and she enjoyed it. She is off for a holiday around Europe with friends for the next three weeks then real life starts!

Well done to DD, CM! I remember the jump from A Level to Uni being massive, let alone vet school!

Glad R has decided on something animally, C - a friend on my course started Zoology but switched to Animal Science after a year, if she needs any help tell her to message me. Flying to Uni can be a pain but can be cheap enough if you book early as you'll know term dates in advance, my flight back in September is £4.98!

I sat my Genetics exam 3 times and still haven't passed (along with 6 other people) - ours are Oral exams so he can really grill us. Will have to get another date and go back for that in August along with Microbiology which I ran out of time for (because of Genetics!) but I passed all the others.

I'm currently in Sri Lanka with the family, have loads of photos so might start another thread with some :D

Well done to DD, CM! I remember the jump from A Level to Uni being massive, let alone vet school!

I sat my Genetics exam 3 times and still haven't passed (along with 6 other people) - ours are Oral exams so he can really grill us. Will have to get another date and go back for that in August along with Microbiology which I ran out of time for (because of Genetics!) but I passed all the others.

Good luck with the exams Lewis, how many retakes/sits are you allowed? I can't believe the year has gone by so quickly!

On a run this morning, I came across some fly tipped rubbish - a load of household items, toys, shoes etc. Thought there might be a name & address on an Amazon box but no. Luckily, though, the culprit wasn't the brightest - I found Job Centre paperwork with a name and National Insurance number plus something else with both their kids' full names on it.

Took photos, took the paperwork home and phoned the Council. Hoping for a call from the warden soon.

A fine of up to £200 beckons :twisted: .

We're allowed to sit exams 3 times, anything more than that has to be requested and approved by the Rector.

Unlike UK universities, we're not capped at 40% for resits but our pass mark is 50 or 60% so while it sounds strange, it's not uncommon to have to re-sit exams.

YS is going to Skye for a couple of nights camping with some Uni friends. He's supposed to be getting a train at 7pm to Stirling this evening. It's now 5.45pm. He hasn't started even thinking about what he'll need to take with him :roll: . And he's expecting to fit in having his tea before he goes :wall: .

I'm already planning for a long weekend in Athens we've got booked for October :lol: .