Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Spent the day trying to rescue the contents of my chest freezer which has given up the ghost. Fortunately we have a spare forty odd year old upright freezer which my grandad gave to us about 20 years ago. It is not turned on usually and is used for jam and chutney storage, but still works so I have crammed it with all the meat and fish and as much fruit and veg as I could. Had to make loads of jam with the semi defrosted fruit though, not what I had planned for today :(

Whilst we were eating our dinner of pressured cooked ham and salad, our cat Mr YoYo was sat on the chopping board, which was up on the side, in the kitchen, scoffing all the fat and licking the board clean! That is bad enough, but it appears he has also eaten the string that held the ham together :( I just hope he chewed it enough so its easy for him toass. Will be Vaselineing his paws later, just to add extra lubrication to proceedings :pray:

This morning I was greeted with a neat little string package on the sofa :vom: but thankfully it looks like thats all of it, and he seems fine. He was a bit shoutier than normal yesterday, but I thought that was more to do with his age (13) but he may have also been feeling a bit sorry for himself too. I am relieved he has brought it up though.

At what age do you become a grown up? I ask because I think me and OH may have missed out :notalk:

OH purchased some cones for YS to practice his football skills on the lawn. Nice afternoon yesterday so spotted the cones on the patio table and decided much to the disgust of the boys to lark around.

Firstly put 2 to my chest and did a fair imitation of Madonnas like a virgin - clad in my cone pointy bra :roll:

OH snotted and put one on his head and clowned around and then did a fair imitation of a duck with it as a beak :notalk:

Not to be outdown I put 2 on my head and grabbed the sweeping brush and said "welcome to Hell"

We were helpless with laughter and YS grabbed his cones and in hi best Kevin voice said "you 2 are soooo embarasssing"

Us never. We are 60 and 53 and very grown up - not :lol: